Recent content by severeear

1. S

AU-70 phono stage, caps and schematic

OK, yeah, old thread, but what the heck. I have had a n AU-70 and TU-70 'laying around' dormant for years. I think at one point I tried them out, and for some reason rejected them. Who knows, but I've done this before, tossed gear aside, and then realized at a later time, it was insane...
  2. S

KLH Model 20 FM Dial Works, AM Nothing, Any Ideas?

Thanks again gadget73, but I think I'm done here. Not big on messing with a 50 year old machine. I love this setup, but I'm about to sell it. Need the bucks. Most of these didn't even come with the AM tuner, so just FM will have to do it for the next owner. Other than the AM issue, works...
  3. S

See anything? Looks to me like that thick white insulation goes from the switch to that circuit board and I don’t see an obvious break at the solder points.
  4. S

Thanks gadget73 for the response. OK, I can probably do that. I already opened it up to check for anything that looked obviously fried. Do you suspect maybe someone disconnected the AM for some reason? At first I thought maybe KLH made the unit with the AM dial on the chassis, and the unit...
  5. S

Hi folks,have a KLH 20, with separate FM and AM dials. The FM is fine, but I'm getting absolutely nothing out of the AM, no static, nothing. I've tried exercising the switches and selector knob, but no improvement. Any ideas?
  6. S

Seeking Info on ADS L810A Speakers

Hey folks, thanks for all the replies. I just thought I'd throw this little tidbit in, especially for folks who have ADS speakers of similar vintage.. I have a lot of cool components, so I spend way too much time mixing and matching stuff to get the best sound. I decided to try to use my...
  7. S

Thanks again LesE. I do think the Guenther letter narrows us down to '74 or '75. According to that, there were two distinct iterations of the L810As,one made in '74, the other in '75, both including a mixture of Braun and ADS parts. Because they both included a mix, I am not convinced that...
  8. S

Thanks. Great info. Now, it's narrowed down to '74 or'75. Tried to find some date by serial number and failed. I guess if I want to figure out just which one I have, I'll have to pop a woofer out, and look for the separate chambers, but I'm not going to do that. Maybe I'll find another way...
  9. S

Thanks for the reply. I'm pretty sure, for starters, it's more like mid 70s, because ADS stopped using Braun drivers around then, and these have the Braun drivers.
  10. S

That's a good idea, thanks, but I'm not going to mess with any disassembly, even pulling a woofer, though I know it's not a big deal. Plus, I assume they have some kind of sealant goop I don't want to disturb. From my research, I'm gathering mid 70s is when ADS no longer used Braun drivers...
  11. S

Hi folks, I know there are discussions here on this somewhat rare ADS/Braun speaker, but they are pretty old. I started this thread to get information on the dates of manufacture associated with these. So please educate me on that. It's hard to find the dates when searching the Web or this...
  12. S

The Celestion Owners Thread

Have you tried Bill LeGall at Millersound. If he can't do it, he may be able to point you in the right direction. Check out his website at Millersound.
  13. S

ADS L810. Educate Me, Please.

Hi folks. Hit upon this thread when just browsing for info on the Braun L810As that I have owned for many years. Anyone own these, and why is there seemingly no mention of this specific model in this thread. What do you folks think of the sound compared to the other L810 models. Any info...
  14. S

Luxman R-113-One Channel Distortion Issue

Also, I retested using the preamp outs, and the sound is fine.
Back
Top Bottom