Recent content by sfritz

1. S

Marantz Cassette Decks, Why no love?

I have the manual and I looked and looked but ill look again. Thanks
  2. S

Marantz SD4000 belt help

Hey all. I'm replacing the belts in my Marantz SD4000 and it comes with 3 belts. I know of the main big belt and the tape counter belt bit I cannot locate the third belt. Small and skinny one. This is a complicated one. Any help would be appreciated and how do I even access the 3rd mystery belt...
  3. S

Marantz Cassette Decks, Why no love?

Hey all. I'm replacing the belts in my Marantz SD4000 and it comes with 3 belts. I know of the main big belt and the tape counter belt bit I cannot locate the third belt. Small and skinny one. This is a complicated one. Any help would be appreciated and how do I even access the 3rd mystery belt...
  4. S

CT-F1250 Belt replacement

This one is harder than the 900. Front belts are a pain but they are in. One "light lavender/purple colored wire is a loose. It came off and have no idea from where. Also trying to find out on here where the little ground wire hooks too in there.
  5. S

CT-F1250 Belt replacement

Hey all I am in the middle of replacing my Pioneer belts on the CTF 1250. I put the main belt on with little problem but I cannot figure out how to get to the front two belts. That would be the smaller belts. If anybody can help me with this I will keep my eyes open and my phone right here thank you
  6. S

Fisher audio system mc-4040 belts

Hey all. I bought this Fisher mc4040 for my dad because he sold his in the 80s and I'm trying to find a belt kit for it. Does anybody know where I can find a kit for this unit for the cassette and the turntable thank you!
  7. S

Pioneer CT-F900 cassette deck eats tape with new belts

Thanks Rich. Do you think the motor has to work harder now with the new firm belts? Listening carefully the motor sounds great, (but that may not matter) Also when the tape is in nothing happens in ff and rewind. All capstans are spinning fine. I just don't know if I should move onto the motor...
  8. S

The reel motor sounds good though. Couple things. I did apply tiny amounts of oil here and there careful not to get anything on the rollers. I did notice a little oil on the middle idler wheel tho but I cleaned everything off and it still happens. Could brand new belts cause this deck to maybe...
  9. S

Thanks Rich. Also thank you for your tutorial. It was really helpful on the ctf900 rebuild thread you made. Ill check it out.
  10. S

I picked up a pioneer ct-F900 and it wasn't rewinding or fast forwarding well. It did play most tapes ok tho. I replaced all 4 of the belts and actually checked everything to make sure they were on correct. Put it together and its eating the tape. I made sure everything was lined up, cleaned...
  11. S

Hi all. I have been struggling with my pioneer CT-F900 cassette deck as it eats tape right after I replaced the belts. The capstans spun fine and tight bit when I put in a tape, it will start to spool at the bottom right. For some reason it seems like its the mechanics on the front. I took this...
  12. S

Pioneer CT-F900 belt replacement

Rich I just want to thank you for taking the time to do this. I bought my 900 about 2 weeks ago. I already replaced the ma8n back belts and now the two little front belts. Its intimidating to me to do this. Ill do it tho. One question. My light display is very dimm on the left side. The the...
  13. S

Help with hooking up my E.Q. to my SA-7800

The back of my eq is divided in two parts. Section left says equalizer with input and output. Output says its play and rec says input. So the eq output play goes into the back of the amp tape 1 rec?
Back
Top Bottom