Share This Page

shacky

AK Subscriber, from Rochester, NY

Subscriber
shacky was last seen:
Feb 12, 2018
    1. vapcochris4
      vapcochris4
      Hey, I saw your forum on your a25s... Awesome work! I have a pair that I inherited and the cabinets were rough, I redid them and they look great. They sounded great to, but the binding posts on one of them spun and didn't tighten so I pulled the driver out and tightened the nut buy now there is no sound... What do you suggest?
    2. tomasvalpara
      tomasvalpara
      hi shacky
      i need to answer one question to ken katon and if u can help me...???

question.
      ken if you can suggest me 3 nht speakers which would u suggest?

pd. i already have 1 nht super zero pair and two's sb3 :)

thanks !! ken ! jiji

thanks shacky !!
    3. BUCKETSRB
      BUCKETSRB
      With the condition the drivers are it's hard to say, but I believe it is still working. Do you still own the 03a's and how do they sound?
    4. BUCKETSRB
      BUCKETSRB
      Shacky, I noticed in your pass post you own or have owned the Thiel 03A's. I have aquired from my brother a pair which have been sitting for years and both the woofers and mid range speakers need refoaming also both tweeters are dead. I quess my question is did you refoam yours with a DIY refoam kit or have them done but someone. Also I contacted Thiel they want a total of $280 for both the woofers and midrange refoaming and $160 each for the tweeters to be rebuilt. That's not going to happen so I'm looking on ebay for replacment tweeters which are Polydax. I bought a working Audax DT 110 which I assume could be the same spec as the original tweeters, but would me a second one which the guy is also sending me a dead unit. What are your recommendations as to refoaming by a DIY kit and replacements for the tweeters.

-Ron - BUCKETSRB
    5. hkitt42
      hkitt42
      Many thanks
    6. shacky
      shacky
      If I locate it will let you know. It was quite a while ago and wife has radio at work
    7. hkitt42
      hkitt42
      Hello

I understand that you recently purchased a Nakamichi TM-1 radio with the operating manual. If you'd be willing to make a copy or scan of it, I'd be happy to pay you.

Sincerely

Howard Kitt
    8. robert1
      robert1
      i am interested in the Zenith amp, tuner, & turntable. if you can salvage the speakers, i would like them too.

my zip 26101
      my phone 304-428-2891
      i would be glad to call if you im your number.
    9. spkrdtr
      spkrdtr
      Thanks Jim for the endorsement within your 3a's are back post.
      Too bad JA didn't get a chance to measure them though. There will be much consternation at CSP - especially from Zilch.
      Best,
      Carl
    10. lotusstp
      lotusstp
      Didn't know you could do this, thanks! We should get together on the JBLs soon!
    11. ozmoid
      ozmoid
      Happy New Year, Jim! Not my comment on cassettes, although I'd have to agree with it. ;-)

Todd
    12. elgato8905
      elgato8905
      What's up Shacky! Glad to see you got your Tandberg runnin!!! Enjoy brother enjoy!!! Happy New Year!!!
      -Greg-
  • About

Birthday:
    February 5

Signature

"He has Van Gogh's ear for music."
    -- Billy Wilder