Recent content by Shadowdog

1. Shadowdog

The proper way to start an automobile at -40°

I have seen -52C and use Synthetic Oil and a Block Heater plus thow an old thick quilt over the hood then a tarp. Also have used magnetic pan heaters on the oil pan. With non functioning block heater or no electricity a tiger torch with a propane barbecue tank run into about 3 feet of...
  2. Shadowdog

Happy 88th Birthday to the DC-3!!

Got to fly one in the mid 70's and very nice!
  3. Shadowdog

Seized engine

Those DCT had problems then as they were undersized and thus delicate and the Fiesta also had them. The performance ST models could only be had with a stronger manual 6 sp trans than the regular and is likely the best combo to buy when replacing either! DCT was maybe one reason Ford dropped...
  4. Shadowdog

Pratt & Whitney Wasp Major

Re DC-3. I guess it must be as you most likely know much more than me about them! In 1975 I got to fly in one in the Air Cadets about 400 air miles to a now closed air base in southern Manitoba called CFB Rivers where we flew in gliders and small aircraft for a week so I got about 800...
  5. Shadowdog

Pratt & Whitney Wasp Major

init4fun When did you go to that A&P school ? I should have done that years ago!
  6. Shadowdog

What was the first car you owned?

In 1976 a 1963 Acadian Beaumont Conv. with the 120 HP , 194 CI L6 and 2sp AT (powerglide) and manual everything else, but not a heavy car so that didn't matter. A Chevy II sold @ Canadian Pontiac dealers and this had to do with the autopact at that time and pic. is off the net.
  7. Shadowdog

First grass cut of the year.

Still snow patches and piles!
  8. Shadowdog

Driving a stiff cross wind

That Triumph TR7 , I know well as my father and I fixed up a rust free (never winter driven) coupe as the engine was hatched for my mother and she loved that car (she passed just over 6 yrs ago) and it is still sitting in my father's garage! Yes it was great in the wind and fun to drive!
  9. Shadowdog

Anyone Into Old Mercedes?

I did have a magnetically attached to the hub bubble alignment gauge for camber and caster like the Snap On shown a couple of posts back just over 20 yrs ago and lent it out never to see it again and they work well. Paid at least $175 for it from the US! About 10 yrs ago there were articles...
  10. Shadowdog

The "cover band" of muscle cars....

A friend had one (Base V8 though)) back in the late 70's and I think he regretted selling it! One of my favorite body styles from 70's!
  11. Shadowdog

Anyone here own a late model Charger ?

Car & Driver recently had a Jeep SUV test with that new aluminum block twin turbo 3.0L L6 with Two HP versions and it gives 1-2 MPG better than the 5.7L. and up to just over 500 HP on the top forged piston and crankshaft version...
  12. Shadowdog

2024 Ford Mustang Drops AM Radio From Infotainment System

I thought that signal had more range and worked better in the mountains compared to FM so would be ideal for emergency broadcasts.
  13. Shadowdog

American Motors Corporation

Did the Gremlin handle well? I bet due to it's size with an aluminum V8 swapped it would it may still handle and be fun to drive! It wouldn't be forgotten in by the looser in an acceleration contest on the freeway etc! Chassis wise the AMX is likely the better car for all that!
  14. Shadowdog

American Motors Corporation

Sorry Grumpy about your father!
Back
Top Bottom