Recent content by Shark Bait

1. Shark Bait

Cassette Deck Service

I completely agree that they can sound really good. I just have a bigger library on vinyl and CD.
  2. Shark Bait

Cassette Deck Service

I will be the first to admit that I am not getting into a cassette deck for it to be a main listening platform. It is all about the nostalgia. I was in highschool in the '80s. I frequented Tape World. I have a deck I can listen to and its fine. I would like to add the deck I always wished I had...
  3. Shark Bait

How to find a capacitor parts list?

Thanks! You rock. I guess I just didn't know how far from the originals I could go. I will give them a shot.
  4. Shark Bait

Cassette Deck Service

I like trying to bring new life into old stuff but it really bugs when I make it worse. There is a finite amount of the old gear out there and when one gets ruined it is gone forever. If I try to fix another tape deck, I will be much more careful. I am not giving up on the Sanyo but it may end...
  5. Shark Bait

The two I am struggling with say 2500MFD 75V and 1200MFD 65 W. Both 35mm
  6. Shark Bait

With my limited knowledge base in the world of capacitors I cannot seem to find one that are comparable. I see someone on Ebay that sells kits set up by receiver type. They include step by step instructions and all the capacitors. The seller goes by hifiaudio*com. Have any of you dealt with...
  7. Shark Bait

Cassette Deck Service

I will look into shipping. Is there more information that I could provide for you so increase the odds of it being fixable? I recognize that its a long shot. How much would you charge?
  8. Shark Bait

Cassette Deck Service

I appreciate that offer. I will consider it. Where are you located?
  9. Shark Bait

I really appreciate all of this input. I just want to make sure I understand it correctly before I really make a mess. If the original capacity says 2500uF 75v, I can go with a larger uF and larger v without negative affects? Same with the ones that say 1200uF 65V?
  10. Shark Bait

Cassette Deck Service

The Sanyo is a Plus Series D65. I have been getting my hands a little dirty with some receivers doing things like DeOxit treatments and some light soldering jobs. Very basic and easy stuff but some successful fixes. I was gifted the sanyo and could see the melted belts inside. I found a set of...
  11. Shark Bait

Cassette Deck Service

That's really good advice Tinman. Thank you. I think my Sanyo may be all done. Do you ever work on '70s Pioneer or Kenwood decks?
  12. Shark Bait

Thank you! Ill give it a shot.
  13. Shark Bait

Cassette Deck Service

I tried my hand at fixing a Sanyo and it did not go so well. I took it to a shop that said they could fix it. That didn't go so well either.
  14. Shark Bait

Cassette Deck Service

We do have two tech shops in my area that are both great. They work on recievers, amps, turntables, and other items. They just don't work on cassette decks. I would love to find any tech to work on it, home based or not.
  15. Shark Bait

I think yours looks just fine. I am hoping to find capacitors that work. I will figure out some way to mount them. Are you happy with the way it sounds?
Back
Top Bottom