Recent content by shelly_d

1. shelly_d

Zero Zone tube preamp putting out DC?

The 12AX7 has 2 different heater configs. Using 6.3 volts it needs 300 ma per tube. Using 12.6 volts it needs only 150 ma. If your board is needing a 14 volt filament supply then I would guess it is wired as a 12.6 volt circuit. Shelly_D
  2. shelly_d

Zero Zone tube preamp putting out DC?

Checked back in on this thread after a LOOOONNNNNG time away. If you still have not had any progress on this I would suggest removing the regulators and putting in a 4 ohm, 5 watt resistor. Mount it up from the board for cooling because it will be dissipating a bit over 2 watts. Reasoning for...
  3. shelly_d

McIntosh C20 Tube Positions and Impact

Read them from the schematic in the service manual. Shelly_D
  4. shelly_d

I don't know what you mean by "best" but as an engineer I will rephrase that and provide my opinion on what I would do. I would want my 2 quietest tubes in the phono preamp spot. That is the one that is most subject to noise. To do that I would tube roll, swapping back and forth between...
  5. shelly_d

Looking at the schematic I can help with only half the tubes. V1 and V2 are the inital phono preamps with the various compensations the preamp offers. Guesing at V3 - V6 would only lead you astray. I just don't recgnize the circuits right off the bat and would need serious time to study them...
  6. shelly_d

Pioneer PL-560 Strobe flash issue

I have downloaded the manual and looked at the circuit. It is a very simple one for the neon light. It is fed by 150V DC from the power transformer. It is turned on and off by a transistor on the cathode (negative side) of the light. That is transistor Q3, a 2SC1279S. That transistor gets its...
  7. shelly_d

Ifi zen DAC v2, am I missing something?

Something to try: Load the songs that you hear the clipping on into Audacity and look at the waveform it shows, closely. I have discovered any number of digitally recorded pieces of music (ripped from CD's) that were clipped in the recording. There is a setting in Audacity (somewhere, it's been...
  8. shelly_d

Pioneer PL-560 Strobe flash issue

You can download the service manual at Vinyl Engine. You will need an account but it is free and never spams you. I'm at work and don't have my login credentials to take a look at the circuit.
  9. shelly_d

⊂ Pick A Different Frontman/Woman For A Band ⊃

Grace Slick fronts Jefferson Airplane Oh no, wait, she did :rolleyes: Sorry, I just could not resist. I am bad:D
  10. shelly_d

My father passed away yesterday.

My condolences. That is tough, and that is not a very long life, so it's especially tough. Take care.
  11. shelly_d

Cool American military planes.

I like your taste in aircraft (See my avatar) Shelly_D
  12. shelly_d

⊂ Pick A Different Frontman/Woman For A Band ⊃

Doris Day fronting the Rolling Stones, but only for Satisfaction.
  13. shelly_d

Bought UKT should have been UKL-what to do?

If you are concerned, see if Digikey has them. If they do, order them my snail mail and include a check for them. (Include all taxes that they would charge). Ordering that way is slow but they ship for free, at least here in the US they do. I need 4 small resistors recently ($0.75 each). No way...
  14. shelly_d

Dynaco PA774 specifications?

Information at this link may help: http://triodeelectronics.com/pa7dynst35sc.html 120 vac 50/60 hz primary, secondary 330-0-330 vac @ 180 ma (dc) rectified, plus (2) 6.3 volt taps @2.5a Good Luck: Shelly_D
Back
Top Bottom