sheltie dave's Recent Activity

1. sheltie dave replied to the thread Full range driver vs woofer.

I have yet to meet a full range speaker that does 20-20k, +/- 25 dB. If you know of any, please let me know. As for the Walsh cylinder,...

May 29, 2017 at 6:43 AM
  2. sheltie dave replied to the thread AEA/Analog Engineering Associates: Is five months a normal time to wait for tube amp restoration?.

Bass, I would source a good local tech and get the resistor or cap replaced, and the amp tested on the bench, and run in for two hours....

May 27, 2017 at 8:39 PM
  3. sheltie dave replied to the thread Two Klipschorn in one corner?.

There is a canuck with stacked inverted KHorns. He complained that every single amp he owned was too loud. Make sure you pull the studs...

May 27, 2017 at 6:43 PM
  4. sheltie dave replied to the thread Graybeard id.

The tweeters were made in Belgium.

May 27, 2017 at 4:56 PM
  5. sheltie dave replied to the thread Lafayette LA70/KT400 question on restuffing cans..

Nice!

May 27, 2017 at 4:53 PM
  6. sheltie dave replied to the thread Ebay scam?.

Scam scam scam

May 27, 2017 at 12:44 PM
  7. sheltie dave replied to the thread AEA/Analog Engineering Associates: Is five months a normal time to wait for tube amp restoration?.

I sympathize; all it would take is a notice on their website that they are moving. Moving at 40 years of age is a catastrophe, moving a...

May 26, 2017 at 4:45 PM
  8. sheltie dave replied to the thread St. Louis Honduras Medical Mission Fundraiser Auction and Shindig.

It is the week prior to the event, and we are testing the family room setup out. We have a Sony cd player, Ming Da 2A3 preamp, Harman...

May 26, 2017 at 9:17 AM
  9. sheltie dave replied to the thread Inefficient Speakers.... Let's talk Tube Power!.

Inefficient speakers are always best flogged with solid state. If you routinely are pushing > 100 watts, unless you are made of money,...

May 26, 2017 at 6:38 AM
  10. sheltie dave replied to the thread Tell me about Chorus Is and why they are "better" than IIs.

I like Fortes more than Chorus; I think they are more balanced.

May 25, 2017 at 10:20 AM