sheltie dave's Recent Activity

1. sheltie dave replied to the thread Question for the Klipsch Community..

7.62, you need to invite the gentleman to your place first. Build that bridge so you can cross over it to his house.

Apr 24, 2017 at 4:11 PM
  2. sheltie dave replied to the thread Atlanta GA Quad (UK Acoustical Mfg) tube mono system in console.

The company running the sale was willing to presell the system at a premium, but they were unwilling to state what the sale price was,...

Apr 24, 2017 at 3:49 PM
  3. sheltie dave replied to the thread Paoli SPA-1 Preamplifier and Power Supply...for documentation purposes.

You will have a power cord on the power supply unit that plugs into the wall socket, and the power umbilical that plugs into the preamp...

Apr 24, 2017 at 5:49 AM
  4. sheltie dave replied to the thread Which amp would you buy first at an estate?.

Francis, Kent, and Debbie made it over for the planning/listening session, and we started off with the Marantz 8b and Juicy Music Merlin...

Apr 23, 2017 at 5:59 PM
  5. sheltie dave replied to the thread Which amp would you buy first at an estate?.

And a couple photos... [IMG] [IMG]

Apr 23, 2017 at 12:33 PM
  6. sheltie dave replied to the thread Which amp would you buy first at an estate?.

I can't promise we will get to everything, but after half an hour of horsing a large stereo rack, large tv, and 200 lb Khorn around, we...

Apr 23, 2017 at 10:30 AM
  7. sheltie dave replied to the thread Which amp would you buy first at an estate?.

1963 KHorn, 1957 EV 12TRX, 1955 RCA 10" full range, and for ease of switching, a knockoff LS3/5A. The amps are hard enough to move, so...

Apr 22, 2017 at 9:18 PM
  8. sheltie dave replied to the thread Which amp would you buy first at an estate?.

I have heard from multiple people that Todd made their special oriented grain, double core output transformers, x. Check out the...

Apr 22, 2017 at 8:17 PM
  9. sheltie dave replied to the thread Which amp would you buy first at an estate?.

Multichamp is correct for the entire lineup, good job! We are having a planning meeting tomorrow, with about ten folks coming over, and...

Apr 22, 2017 at 8:03 PM
  10. sheltie dave posted a new thread.

Which amp would you buy first at an estate?

If you had a choice, from this group only. [IMG]

Forum: Tube Audio

Apr 22, 2017 at 2:52 PM
  11. sheltie dave replied to the thread Altec University Speaker/EH Scott B Console.

Conversely, the speaker values are the inverse of the enclosure size for these Altecs. The tiny Lido pairs get the most money...

Apr 22, 2017 at 8:41 AM
  12. sheltie dave replied to the thread Altec University Speaker/EH Scott B Console.

Now THAT is an exotic beast. I have never seen a Verde, especially not one with speaker guts from four different manufacturers in it!...

Apr 22, 2017 at 6:15 AM
  13. sheltie dave replied to the thread What is this and is it worth $75?.

Yea, and it was sold to a guy in Springfield. We all know that was an insurance policy in case it fell on you like the Wicked Witch of...

Apr 22, 2017 at 5:58 AM
  14. sheltie dave replied to the thread Cool method of "seeing" sound waves in air.

We use it in radiation surveys for logging/interpreting entry into legacy hi rad areas.

Apr 21, 2017 at 8:44 PM
  15. sheltie dave replied to the thread How important a mod is the Fastrac Belle horn?.

The grammar police would parse it this way. If you make $100,000, and I make four times as much as you, I make $500,000. If I make four...

Apr 21, 2017 at 7:12 PM