Recent content by Showme2

1. S

Forte II crossover question

Thanks for your input. I’ll research the ALK’s a little more the tweeter thoughts register We me because I sometimes have trouble hearing the difference in cables, tunes ect. Maybe old ears.
  2. S

Thank you. That's a nice offer on the crossovers. I haven't tested my skills on the Fortes yet. That's why I was asking the question before I tested my skills or lack there of on them. Wanted to make sure it was worthwhile.
  3. S

I bought a pair of really minty Forte II's. My first pair of Klipsch speakers. They seem to indicate being made in 1997. They sound terrific to my ears. My question is should I just automatically do new crossovers? If so what is the consensus Crites or KLH? Also are the titanium tweeters a...
  4. S

Thorens TD-124 cartridge

Any suggestions on a decent cartridge for my Thoren's that won't break me. I'm talking not over $500. It has a SME 3009 arm with a Audio Technica (not sure which one) now. I happen to have an ebony Yamamoto headshell which I thought I might as well setup.
  5. S

Adding wooden case to 2270

Second that Asaalah cases are spectacular. I've got a 2325 in one and Marantz should have made them so nice. I also have a 2230 in an original case and the case cost more and is not as nice. Beautiful bookcase matched cabinet sides. Mounting holes match up---all well done.
  6. S

Goldring 1020 cartridge screws

Thanks. We do have and I'll give them a try. I'm also going to check Fastenal tomorrow.
  7. S

Thanks for the reply. You're correct neither store carries anything that small. I'll just order some online.
  8. S

I'll be picking up a Goldring 1020 cartridge soon and hope to mount it on a SME headshell. I don't have screws for the headshell and cartridge setup. What size do I need to get? Should they be special in some sort of way or just get the correct size at Home Depot/ACEHardware?
  9. S

I'll be picking up a Goldring 1020 cartridge soon and hope to mount it on a SME headshell. I don't have screws for the headshell and cartridge setup. What size do I need to get? Should they be special in some sort of way or just get the correct size at Home Depot/ACEHardware?
  10. S

Shure "Hi Track" confusion

What about a hyperelliptical in my M91ED. I've seen one advertised for the cartridge is it worth the extra $$$?
  11. S

tuner search

I'll do that but I'm going to enjoy it for awhile. Thanks.
  12. S

Marantz grill/screen

Thanks for the good info.
  13. S

Marantz grill/screen

Aaron, thanks. I believe I've found it. Your specs really helped out.
  14. S

Marantz grill/screen

Thanks, I'll take a look. That sounds like it might be overkill for my needs. What did you use for a search on Amazon?
Back
Top Bottom