shstrang
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Well I knew Audio Technica is Japanese but I was just wondering where the actual headphones were made. The sony mdr 7506 (pro mdr-v6) are made in china or indonesia even though Sony is japanese. The lower AKG phones are now made in china although AKG is not a chinese company. They're now Harmon International which I think is an American company which also now owns Levinson, Revel and other well known brands.

I just wanted to know where the AT phones you had were made due to having negative experiences with Chinese made items in the past. Some are of good quality such as Apple and some are junk such as some Sony and Nikon products.

Thanks
    Audio Technica is Japanese. Sennheiser, Barodynamic, Ultrasone are German. Grado is American (New York).
    I have some mdr-v6's (japanese ones) and they're ok but not great. I have grado sr80's which I love but they're open. I had some Sennheisers hd 485's and they were hidious so I have them to my neice. I also had some JVC HA-D990's which I loved but they fell apart after 5 years. No more can be found.

Are they made in Japan or Taiwan?
    How do I like them? I don't like them anymore. The "3D" wings are a stupid gimmick and they don't keep the phones on your head due to this (well if you go running or working out).

As for sound, they sound OK. Depends what you're comparing them to. They are a mid-grade headphones. I paid $115 on Amazon on sale. They are worth about that...not the $300 they originally ask for. They probably are better than the Sony MDR-V6's....probably.

They are "closed" designs and 64ohms so they can be driven with portables nicely. They are not as nice sounding as my Sennheiser 650's (obviously). They have a "boxy" sound and more anemic...but the Senn's are quite a different beast (they are 300 ohms and "open" design).

I'd recommend Grado's or Sennheisers in whatever price range you are going for. Don't get me wrong...I still use these headphones for when I walk to the grocery store or my workplace, but I would have buy a different pair after having these.
    Ha, my little one is now 6. He loves music, but is still pretty uncoordinated. We are starting with his portable DVD player for safe handling gear.
    He was into music from a very young age - 18 months sounds about right...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom