Recent content by silverlord

1. silverlord

Hello Highfiguy! I was wondering if you ever got to the bottom of the Denon POA 1500 distortion...

Hello Highfiguy! I was wondering if you ever got to the bottom of the Denon POA 1500 distortion issue. I have one doing the same thing and was hoping you found a fix.Please let me know. Thanks! Mike
  2. silverlord

Luxman K-8 auto stop faulty LED

Thank you for replying Oldvinyldude. The LED that is in there is a tiny axial lead style that is rectangular. I will see if I can find any matches at Digi-Key. There is almost no info out there that I could find about this style of auto shutoff.
  3. silverlord

Luxman K-8 auto stop faulty LED

Greetings all, I have a Luxman K-8 that uses an LED and photosensor for the auto shutoff and the LED no longer lights up. This causes the deck to shut off after 2 seconds. There is voltage to the board that the LED is mounted on, so I assume the LED is dead. Can anyone here tell me if there is a...
  4. silverlord

Pioneer SPEC 2 restoration help

Is this restoration really going on 10 years now slipstream55? You will be retired before you get to hear this thing sing. Impressive patience you have.
  5. silverlord

How many members use reel to reel decks here ?

Currently have a Teac 7010 GSL, and akai gx625 in rotation. Sound great!
  6. silverlord

YORX M2340 - Any Info?

Looks great! Job well done IMO. It does look impressive all lit up and shiny.
  7. silverlord

Pacific Stereo History/The Early Years

I love a good history lesson!
  8. silverlord

List songs that work for you perfectly from beginning to end?

Lot's of great choices on here! Here are a few of mine: Rainbow- The man on the silver mountain AC/DC - Back in black Joan Baez- Diamonds and rust The Outlaws-Green grass and high tides Gerry Rafferty (RIP) Right down the line -Baker Street Ozzy-Suicide solution Motohead-...
  9. silverlord

OK, former/current salesman, what's the stupidest thing a customer ever said to you?

Not audio related, but some may find this funny. When I worked at a Ford dealer a parts guy related this episode to me. A customer comes in and says: "What did you guys do to the lighting in here?" Parts guy: "What do you mean sir?" Customer:The lights in here are all f'ed up!"...
  10. silverlord

Anybody live in the Sinking Spring PA area?

I live in exeter pa,What do you need help with? Does it involve spending money and listening to expensive audio equipment ? lol. I have been to stereo barn many times- great bunch of guys. I bought my pro-ject and Mac stuff from them. Highly recommended! Mike:thmbsp:
  11. silverlord

question?

I also suffer from a watch and stereo gear fetish. I also have no one local to talk to about these things in any kind of in-depth way.I would love to get together with people in my area who share the same interests, but I don't know of anyone else. Are we that rare? I thank all of you for...
  12. silverlord

What does NOS stand for?

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:
  13. silverlord

stereo geeks, SHOW US YOUR WORKSHOPS!!!!!

You have some serious equipment there jdurbin1 !
  14. silverlord

The next level!

"By listening to music we tend to know ourselves better..." I liked this part of your original post the best. I believe that opinions and reviews are helpful in that they can give you a technical and operational overview of a component that you may not be able to get by looking at it in a store...
Back
Top Bottom