Recent content by SilverNerd

1. SilverNerd

Pickups in the US

We got them up north too. Bubbas up here just replace the rebel flag with a SALT LIFE sticker.
  2. SilverNerd

Question: When is your truck NOT your truck ?

Very nice ! Have you seen the price of new and used trucks lately ? YIKES ! Better be glad she wants ole girl and not something shiney and new. My family loves swapping our trucks around. Pops has an 08 Silverado dually he wants to gift me. But I have an 04 bare bones silverado work truck...
  3. SilverNerd

Any Volvo owners here?

I have a 92 240 sitting at 175k miles young. Owned it over 22 years, since I was 17. Will always be my second car. Learned how to wrench on it to save on repair costs. Love that brick.
  4. SilverNerd

Midget Auto Racing, vintage footage.

One of the best open wheel, sprint car and midget drivers out there today is Rico Abreu .... a little person. Figure that one out !
  5. SilverNerd

I raced Quarter midgets from age 11-16. Blackbird QMC and Phoenixville QMC. Some great battles with the Hagerstown kids at regionals. 25 years later I still have good friends from that experience.
  6. SilverNerd

Cool stuff ! I would contact EMMR .... https://emmr.org/about-us/
  7. SilverNerd

Bobby Unser - RIP

Used to see Bobby at USAC races in the midwest. Never forgot his roots I guess. Nice guy , was very approachable but I never had a reason to or the guts.
  8. SilverNerd

New Guy from Narvon, PA

I love that area of PA. Im from Chester County. Was just in Narvon the other day. Driving down 23. Stopped at Old Time Bakery for a zooks chicken pie and a whoopie.
  9. SilverNerd

More sad news, AK member dshoaf had passed away

As a fellow HAM nerd, would like to tune in for Daves silent key memorial. I guess I will contact Elecraft for that informations. RIP Dave. Godspeed
  10. SilverNerd

Mitsubishi DP-EC10 Turntable - ANYBODY?

Thanks for getting back to me. I did take a look at the link you provided for the belts but they are out of the 6.0. Mine are baked dry and crumbled except for the single smaller 4.6 belt so im going to need 2 new belts. If you type sbm6.0 on ebay a few examples show up. Im thinking of trying...
  11. SilverNerd

Well I found a tonearm weight for my table. Got a chance to test the table and there was some clicking noises and no movement from the tonearm. So i took the top off. The 6.0 belts are crusted and broken , needs a set of the lamps replaced as they are burnt out. Is it ok to replace just the...
  12. SilverNerd

Welp ... I found one of these today at a flea. It was cheap and seemed like quality so I bit despite the cue/auto functions of the tonearm being non existent. Its in really nice shape but its dirty. The dustcover is is not cracked and should clean up nice.
  13. SilverNerd

Silver Nerd (Agreement Reached)

We had the same destination just different roads. dfunghi was a better man than I was today. Apologies to him and AK. :beerchug:
  14. SilverNerd

Super bowl

Uhhhh .... Stay classy bud. Feel free not to visit.
  15. SilverNerd

Super bowl

Silverback ? wow how old are you ? calling people schoolyard names ? You fail to see the difference between violent fans and all fans. You called all Philly fans scum. How simple and cute. Whomever says wisdom comes with age is full of shit.
Back
Top Bottom