Recent content by Sinewave

1. Sinewave

Are entry level decks actually better than totl models?

Decks that can reproduce higher than you can hear, can reproduce the signals that you can hear with better accuracy than decks that can barely reproduce enough to make the grade. Maybe you are ok with just good enough? I like all things to exceed my requirements by a certain margin. I like...
  2. Sinewave

Audio Stores in the 70's

In Las Vegas, NV in the mid to late 70s the high end stereo shop was "Interior Systems". Located on west charleston, I saw my first Nakamichi 700, the B&O line and since I worked at the Radio Shack across the parking lot from them, they introduced me to High End Audio and their listening rooms...
  3. Sinewave

My restored Realistic SCT-30 Cassette Deck!

Sounds like we needed to get with someone with a 3D Printer and produced some replacement gears. Usually these parts shrink over time and crack. Do you still have these decks?
  4. Sinewave

Stereo imaging and visual localization

Note that everything is "Subjective" and there are no standards for that. What may sound great for you may just sound nice for someone else. Everything in a listening environment, room affects the audio. Is it a "live or "Dead" room. Furniture affects reflections of audio changing phase and...
  5. Sinewave

Care and Maintenance of Cassette and Reel to Reel.

Consider the back tension as well as the take up tension if the sound comes in and out. Reel to Reels are known to have felt in the Reel hubs to act as clutches and slip providing tension and are often overlooked. I have worked on Reel to Reels that failed to mention them in service manuals.
  6. Sinewave

So when you look at the Nakamichi playback head with a gap of 0.7 mils, it should perform to about 25,000 hz or higher. My 700 and RX-202 have very quiet electronics and I can hear the surface noise of "Clean" vinyl on some of my cassette tapes, just above the noise level of the tapes, and also...
  7. Sinewave

Don't kid yourself, the electronics have a lower noise level on most TOTL decks. Most new and older inexpensive decks produce most noise that is louder than the background tape hiss. Regarding the transports, maintenance and the quality of replacement belts do make a difference. Linked below is...
  8. Sinewave

Who's listening with headphones tonight? To what?

Koss HV/1A Cans and rocking out to Styx - Castle Walls https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/koss-high-velocity-hv-1a.13594/ I purchased 4 extra sets of foam earpads with the adhesive from Koss before they ran out for all my Koss Cans. So easy to replace the earpads.
  9. Sinewave

Sony TC-560 RTR Help: Need Parts

Sony used their own style AC cord and is not available with the exception of some of their small portable TVs that you can find on ebay. They use the same style cord. Those TVs are also collectable and can be used with a digital TV converter, so please don't throw the TV away, sell it without...
  10. Sinewave

Sony TC-560 Power Cord

The Sony power cord for the TC-560D was also used on a lot of portable Sony TVs. While the TV may not be of any use without a DTV converter box, the power cord can be used for vintace reel to reels.
  11. Sinewave

My restored Realistic SCT-30 Cassette Deck!

Utilize the Bias fine tune on the rear of the SCT-30 and you will really see what this deck can do. https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/realistic/sct-30.shtml The service manual is located at the link above if you should ever need it, but you will have to sign in though, but it's free.
  12. Sinewave

Why do youtube "audiophile" videos sound so good?

I tend to like Cymbals and mp3 files just don't do it for me. A natural decay and tonal qualitys are just not there. Here is an early post on YouTube, and this poster got better with later posts. He also showcases his Turntables and cartridges.
  13. Sinewave

Nakamichi RX-202. Left Channel is dead...

Get the service manual here after signing in. https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/nakamichi/rx-202.shtml The R/P head goes to the Main P.C.B. and straight to RL301, DS Relay. This relay switches between the playback or record amps.
  14. Sinewave

What was your first album?

I received a christmas present of a sears silvertone portable record player and was given 2 albums, Isaac Hayes - Shaft, and The Jackson 5 - ABC. even at that young age, the Shaft album had a more musical sound and I actually enjoyed it more. Neither album would have been my first choices but I...
  15. Sinewave

Has streaming music took away from your other systems?

The following link to YouTube does supply some very good quality eye/headphone candy and the poster has uploaded different songs while showcasing his equipment. Check out his other posts as well. I find that using my Amazon Firestick TV, since my television is directly connected to one of my...
Back
Top Bottom