S
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• No worries, Cap'n. Sussed out my needs - thanks again for the encouraging words!
    -- Rog
    And of course, just let me know the freight costs, assuming you find a way to package it.
    So it doesn't break down any shorter than 8 feet... Only thoughts I have are UPS or bus.
    The Vintage-AR seller seems to be very spotty with availability of his stuff, I had considered it, but with my past experiences with rubber cements, including the office supply type, the tire repair cement seemed to be more than ideal.

I honestly don't like certain guys' ideas of dissolving rubber sheet in acetone and brushing that on the surround. Seems like the end result would be much thicker and stiffer. It also would be black. While these speakers are sometimes held up as something quite special, they were mass produced by the thousands, mostly hand made, and processes changed over the years. I like how my end result turned out, these are some great speakers given the vintage (mine are 1971), and these along with a Pioneer SX828 I just finished restoring and a PL-510A TT will make a nice, all-analog vintage system.

I'd love to see your 17s all fixed up. Good luck with your resto, and happy listening.

Phil
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom