Sir.Byrd
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hello there. I seem to remember seeing a crossover schematic for speakerlab 7wa on one of your posts, but I can’t find it! Do you have it? Or did I make that up
    Sir.Byrd
    Sir.Byrd
    Hi, I probably had the schematic for the regular 7 crossover posted, the 7WA is going to be broadly similar but probably not a drop-in replacement as far as values due to the different tweeters.
    Sir Byrd,
    Hi - I was wondering if you could tell me the model number of the White Audio Technica Stylus you bought that for the Audio Technica Signet TK5E. I am in the same position and am seeking a replacement stylus.
    Thanks,
    Roger
    Sir.Byrd
    Sir.Byrd
    I don't remember that model number, and the turntable is long gone. I'm sorry!
    Will - Joe Smith here in Des Moines, you made a nice little passive pre for me about a year ago. I just sent for one of the red TPA3116 boards and an input connector to play with and compare to some of my other SMSL tripath amps. Assuming I like the sound of this, I will need someone to help encase it and wire for final input RCAs and banana plug type speaker connections. Wondered if you are still taking on commissions of this type. There would be no rush, and I could probably send you the red board and that input cable by end of April. I really like the wood enclosure that you built for the passive - something like that. Let me know when you have time - Thanks, Joe
    Hello,

I´m in the process of restoring a Cit 11 preamp.

Is it OK if I pose some questions in this field?

I´m normally at PE board "lasse"

Best regards//Lars Rydén
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Hi, I just picked up a Kenwood KA-5500, and the lamp doesn't seem to be lighting. I was wondering if you had any idea where to find a replacement, or if there are any LED alternatives that could be used? Thanks a lot in advance!
    On your 1060 recap, I'm just curious what adding the three Vishay/Sprague 1uf 100V coupling caps on the output caps and the filter does exactly. Does lead to significant improvements in the sound? I'm not sure if I want to venture to do that. This is my first recap project. I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks!
    Hi,

I am currently recapping a Marantz 1060. Your post has been immensely helpful. I am curious if you recall which film caps you were using. Those small red ones. I think those replaced the ones that say 474M 50V. I am not sure what I should be purchasing. If you can point me in the right direction, I'd greatly appreciate it!
    Will-

My Bryston 4B is distorting. Blew a fuse, and damaged some output transistors, I believe.
    Not sure if it's just one channel or two, I was running it mono. Is this something you are interested in fixing?

Thanks,

Bill G.
    Ok, privates folders are cleaned up. They have three drivers each, but here is the caveat. The drivers are glued in and would most likely have to be done in the enclosure. If you are still willing to go $25.00 a driver I'd like to drop them off one day next week.

Nate
    Hey Will

Are you still doing re-foams? If so, what would it cost parts and labor for a set of Speakerlab 30's?

Nate
    I was able to get the screws out and free the board, but there doesn't seem to be enough room to squeeze it out. Were you able to get it out without removing the tuner wheel? thanks again.
    Hey--- I saw some of your posts about your HK 330c restoration and had a quick question. I'm trying to replace a few of the lamps and can't find an easy way to remove the panel that they're on. There's not enough room with the large tuner wheel in the way. Any tips? thanks, michael
    Hi Will - Are you still doing re-foam jobs? If so, what are you charging these days? If you are too busy with other projects.....who would you recommend? Hope all is well. thanks
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom