Recent content by SirReal63

1. SirReal63

Is SACD dead?

I have been collecting music for about 50 years. Perhaps it is my Boomer mentality but I like to actually own things, not pay to borrow them. My physical copies are for archival purposes, for the most part. I do occasionally play my albums but just about everything is duplicated on CD or...
  2. SirReal63

Show us Videos of your systems! Let's see and hear them!

It has a recommended a crossover point of 6400, that is pretty high but will work if you have something that will take over below 6400 and blend nicely, and you can configure the crossover correctly.
  3. SirReal63

Is SACD dead?

This is also my understanding and experience. I have taken a crash course in this mess the past few weeks. I have studied the manuals of 27 A/V receivers so far and most of the important parts are buried in notes denoted with an asterisk that tell you what they do not do. I use a Sony...
  4. SirReal63

I actually prefer it this way. :D
  5. SirReal63

The videos work, and sound fantastic.
  6. SirReal63

They show up as unavailable Glenn. Are they set to private?
  7. SirReal63

AK is 19 years old, so we're having a raffle.

Jun 29, 2018 Email is correct.
  8. SirReal63

Interesting, it lets me see it here when before it would not. Oh well, such is life.
  9. SirReal63

I have been quiet on this thread, life has been incredibly busy, and I am retired! (supposedly) After two years it has been unblocked, imagine that. The video that only I could see...
  10. SirReal63

I just added her to my Amazon Music que. I thank you for the listen, excellent as always.
  11. SirReal63

Thanks, I am safe but have so many things going on I do not have time to record, I barely have time to listen. Being busy is a good thing in life.
  12. SirReal63

I agree with the Spicy man, excellent job! There have been a bunch of excellent systems and recordings lately. I love it!
  13. SirReal63

Dahlquist DQ-10 Revival

Thanks, it has been a labor of love. I just finished replacing the tweeter of the Left speaker with a Peerless BC25SC55-04 1" square frame tweeter. It really opened up the treble but my goal is to take advantage of the very high frequency and remove the supertweeter from the system. After...
  14. SirReal63

Dahlquist DQ-10 Revival

One speaker finished...for now. As noted above the DMB-A is physically different than the stock mid dome and the way the tweeter overlaps the baffle of the mid dome creates an issue for mounting the new mid, round versus rectangular. Others have created a new baffle for the mid dome which...
  15. SirReal63

Dahlquist DQ-10 Revival

It is time for a little more work on the DQ's. My repaired mid dome is still working, but the output level is lower than the one that is intact. I ordered a pair of HiVi DMB-A's and 15ohm 5 watt resistors to correct the impedance imbalance. I figured while I was at it I would go ahead and...
Back
Top Bottom