Recent content by sj-stoddard

1. sj-stoddard

The 901DB Returns!

Finally pulled the trigger and took the 901 to a local tech. Got her back today and man was it worth it! Now just have to upgrade my 50$ record player to a real turntable and repair/replace these KL888S and we might have something.
  2. sj-stoddard

So I inherited a 901DB

The switch is on connected. I went for low hanging fruit with just cleaning the two pots. Definitely needs a more thorough cleaning.
  3. sj-stoddard

So I inherited a 901DB

Finally got around to deoxiting. Was only able to do the volume & balance pots. Still having some channel issues. Decided to check out the FM input (was using aux before) and channel issue is almost non existent. Two questions: Could the input nuggets (actual name?) be an issue? If so would...
  4. sj-stoddard

So I inherited a 901DB

Thanks Pete. I noticed that my switched outlet is hot even with the unit in OFF mode. Not sure how much of an issue this is but i will try and avoid that one in favor of the two labeled hot. I should be getting my Deoxit today. Will post updates on how that goes. Thanks again.
  5. sj-stoddard

Tuning & signal meters

Can some one give a cliff note run down on the tuning and signal meters? I imagine signal measure strength of thw FM and is more associated with the antenna? Thanks!
  6. sj-stoddard

So I inherited a 901DB

Pete, I added my serial to the list. I ordered D5 and F5 so i guess i have that all covered. I read a few posts about the thinning agent in the D5 possibly being an issue but other posts saying not so much, is this an issue to worry about? Im working my way through the Arkay sticky on the...
  7. sj-stoddard

2017 Sansui Serial Number Database

G-901DB, 818110007, sj-stoddard
  8. sj-stoddard

So I inherited a 901DB

OK. I spent the weekend listening to this receiver. Spun some vinyl on my dopey little portable record player ( one thing at a time ) and even rigged an antenna to catch some FM. Ive been reading AK articles and watching YT videos on the cleaning and have convinced my self to do it. I will be...
  9. sj-stoddard

So I inherited a 901DB

I am fairly mechanically competent. would certainly run away from a soldering iron.
  10. sj-stoddard

So I inherited a 901DB

Hi all. First post. I inherited a 901DB from my father several years ago & im finally getting around to setting it up. I have a pair of beat up KL-88S to play with for now. Ive been reading threads about cleaning and all and was wondering if this should be treated similarly to changing...
Back
Top Bottom