Recent content by sjfloat

1. sjfloat

HELP: So, we're buying a house; now I gotta *move* all this crap!

Know what I mean? I've got the gear I'm actually using. The gear in the bullpen The gear I'm hacking/repairing The gear waiting to be hacked/repaired (the most populous group). Anyone have any tips and wisdom to share? Have you gone through this? Did you just buy a bunch of plastic totes? I'd...
  2. sjfloat

Sony PlayStation 1 - Interesting

Nice. I still haven't gotten around to Goo Goning the sticker residue from mine :)
  3. sjfloat

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

I do most of my listening in my home office these days, so the meager footprint of the Legacys are a perfect fit.
  4. sjfloat

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Haven't chimed in here for a long while. Frankly, I patrol constantly and rarely find anything of interest at GoodWill anymore. But a few weeks ago I found four Advent Legacys, a Technics SL-Q30, a Technics dual cassette deck (forget the model, not especially interesting) all with a cheesy...
  5. sjfloat

Yes, both my 1001 and my 5501 are stock. I've just been enjoying them as-is.
  6. sjfloat

That's me right now. In accordance with my strongly held analog/tube religious fanaticism, class D/T is absolute anathema! It's the last thing I would expect to enjoy. But it fills a certain niche very nicely! Recent circumstances have put my vinyl habit on hold for a time and I've been doing...
  7. sjfloat

Grado SR60e drivers in SR60s?

Well, I went ahead and bought some, so...
  8. sjfloat

Grado SR60e drivers in SR60s?

Hi, Can anyone confirm for me that SR60e drivers are compatible with old SR60 phones? Are they physically the same size? Thanks
  9. sjfloat

A little help IDing this receiver?

So I reworked the board to use LEDs. *Slightly* more modern looking, but I may try to warm them up next time I go in. I still have the function indicators to do.
  10. sjfloat

Well, the schematic has them all in parallel with 24vdc on one end and *I think* ground at the other side of the switch. But yeah, I'll measure the voltage before I do anything. Why would you have me check the resistance? I thought I might have some white LEDs lying around, but I couldn't find...
  11. sjfloat

So it appears there are 9 fixed, soldered-in, radial lamps and a dial pointer lamp that run in parallel that are always on (hmm, even the dial pointer?). And there four coming off of the input selector that are running at 24 vdc, if I can trust the schematic (easy thing to check though). The 9...
  12. sjfloat

Well, so far the 432 schematic has been close enough to be helpful. There are T03 outputs -- I guess it's likely that they're the darlingtons shown in the schematic. I tidied up a little and deoxied the controls, particular the source selector which was giving me troubles. It sounds and operates...
  13. sjfloat

Yes, I grabbed that and it should suffice. But I won't know for sure until I open it up and compare it to the schematic.
  14. sjfloat

His prices look pretty good. I'm not sure I'll wind up needing one for this Fisher, but I've not been able to find a service manual for my Pilot 254; he has a couple options.
  15. sjfloat

Well, if the 432 service manual doesn't suffice, I may have to look into that. Looks like that book covers several pieces of gear. Looks like they have a direct hit, actually. But it's not a book, it's a photocopy for $25.
Back
Top Bottom