Recent content by Sjoerdtb

1. S

Tandberg TR 2060 not powering on anymore

Awesome tips, they are of great help. Checked the indicated (and all other) diodes now and the CR710 and CR708 both are indeed shorted. They are on the order list :) When they arrive I will; 1. pull out and check all the transistors again. 2. Measure the resistors (when the transistors are...
  2. S

Yeah definitely learned to leave it longer on the DBT while testing. Thought everything was okay, should have tried it for a half hour or so. Unfortunate to learn it this way, but next time more luck. Thanks for the tip on checking which way the transistors shorted to track other problems, great...
  3. S

I was still able to order 2SC2240 as Reichelt, so went with that. Thanks for the alternative though.
  4. S

So now in the present problem. I pulled the 5W resistors (R750 and R752) to check them. They tested fine under room temperature as well as under heat. So that isn’t the problem. I checked the last transistor I hadn’t checked the differential pair Q 702. Why haven’t I checked it before with the...
  5. S

As you maybe understand with this new post. I cheered to early. When hooking the amp up without the dim bulb tester, it shorted immediately and I quickly turned it off. :whip: I disconnected the Q722 and Q724 and tried to power it up with the dim bulb connector. Sure no short. So checked those...
  6. S

4. So now it was time to check all the transistors! So I pulled them one by one and tested each one in my new tester as well as with my regular old multimeter. Ok so a few bad ones and one that had another Hfe compared to it’s control on the left channel (no idea how good or bad this is so...
  7. S

Now that I had the tools, I didn’t have any excuse anymore to do a thorough checkup of the entire (right side) main power amp board. I started with a check of all the caps to make sure that wasn’t causing transistors to fail down the line. I checked all of these and almost all measured a bit...
  8. S

First off, during further testing the receiver stopped producing sound entirely and wouldn't power up anymore…. So I was back to square one. So I decided that a complete checkup was the only thing left to do. After a few weeks I got this little nice tool in the mail :) only cost me 7 euro’s...
  9. S

Warning in advance: couple of post following with a long story :blah: Hi all. Again long time no see. As I couldn’t really see a logical point from my last post to continue searching I have been reading all other post regarding other Tandberg repair projects (in particular @dlucy post about his...
  10. S

Thnx. Tried the switching thing. But same distorted output on the right side. So i geuss I have to test the complete power amp board, like you did on your 2080, to see whats amiss. Not so good at this yet, so this is gonna take a while. :confused:
  11. S

Recapping a Tandberg TR-2080

Nice thread, also love the pictures. I'm working on a TR2060 at the moment, so really looking forward to your findings once everything is back together :)
  12. S

Had a great suggestion from my dad over the phone. Curious as what you're thoughts on it are. He thought it could also be that the pre-amp was giving a bad signal on the right channel that goes to the power-amp. So the power-amp could be functioning correctly but the pre-amp is out of spec. To...
  13. S

Hi, haven’t been sharing for a while. First of all, thank you guys for all the help I got so far. Was quite busy with work and learning about all this stuff took waaayyy more time than I anticipated. Lots of reading and youtube videos later I have a little better understanding what I am doing...
  14. S

So yesterday I worked on the receiver with my dad. We first disconnected all the outputs from the transformer and tried (with the dim bulb tester) if it would short. It worked fine and measured ok (only weird thing was that the output that goes to the dial light board measured 3V instead of 6V...
  15. S

Thanks John, was hoping you would see this one :) I'll start the search with the ones you mentioned. Will definitely also try the four mentioned caps, although I couldn't find any Frako branded ones when I searched for them earlier. Will report back on the weekend. Hope this will be an...
Back
Top Bottom