Recent content by Skibrain

1. S

Yamaha CR-2020 channel out

Thanks David57, I just bought a CR1020 missing right channel, It was the coupler switch after I checked everything else. I would have never checked that but probably would have made it work not knowing the cause after going through everything with DeOxit. Thanks again!!!
  2. S

Cerwin Vega 12T Crossovers

Yes Metcal rules. Got mine as a throw out from HP labs and fixed it and makes soldering too easy. :-) Auto adjust everything per the need of heat...
  3. S

OK, If anyone wants to know how to access the crossover board on the Cerwin Vega 12T. Here it is after a bit of desoldering to figure it out. 1.First remove the nuts from the 2 pots and the reset. 2. remove the 4 screws on the back holding the circuit board to the plastic box. 2. Now desolder...
  4. S

Thanks, I think tour oycture confirms what I thought that it has glue on the caps that are attached to the back cover. Yours are a little different as you have the 12TR and mine are 12T. Again thanks for the help and response.
  5. S

Hi Justgotohm, Just got some CV 12t's I pulled off the back crossover mount but can't figure out how to get it apart to get to the capacitors? Anyone know the trick? I have all the nuts off the reset and potentiometers. Seem it might be partially held by the wires coming through from the rest...
  6. S

AK is 19 years old, so we're having a raffle.

Skibrain 2/10/2017 Great help from everyone. Thanks! Winner Winner
  7. S

Worth repairing an Onkyo ta-6510?

I have the same problem as above? Does anyone know if this is the right pinch roller as it seem to not take up the tape at the correct speed and if you keep hitting play it will spool out some tape on the right side.
  8. S

Schematic Links, Tube retail links, local tube testers

I think you maybe correct on the one lead. Even though this was a while back when I pulled it open to clean it up. I think that is where the one lead was stuck. I really wish I could find someone with one of these to take a picture of their unit and maybe I could track down the connections...
  9. S

Here is the website that has the Schematic: ( Thanks to Chris Old Radios ) http://oldradios.50webs.com/precision/ I'll go look at it tonight and track the wires down and where they go hopefully. 1 is probably ground.
  10. S

I have not found this out but just started to investigate again. I just need to find my schematic as I did trace the wires back to the connected source. I did talk to an old tube guy and he said that some were left off for RFI ??? with the solder on the one and the ring on the other I have a...
  11. S

Is your unobtainium power switch worth $5 and an hour or so of your time?

Hi C. Coyle This schematic is a much more intuitive. I really appreciate the help and will try this tonight. I think the schematic I loaded is the one that someone mentioned was incorrect. Quite possibly my problem. ( Also I should have downloaded the data sheet on the Alternistor. I will let...
  12. S

Trying to get the pictures attached failed the first time: Not sure if they can point out what I'm doing wrong but I'll give it a shot.
  13. S

Pictures didn't work so here's another try.
  14. S

Hello K7Sparky or whomever can help. I think I maybe retarded( Mentally handicapped) I have the Kenwood KR-5030, switch is working fine but wanted to add the Triac Alternistor fix. Anyone help on the connection points for the AC? If I connect it one way, it has a 10volt drop. Triac works.. but...
Back
Top Bottom