Recent content by Skinley

1. S

Celestion A1, Driver problem

Problem solved! It was a dry solder joint where the braid meets the voice coil wire.
  2. S

Celestion A1, Driver problem

I just picked up a nice pair of Celestion A1s with original stands for free! One of the bass drivers doesn't work unless I push the cone in about 10mm, as soon as I release it, it stops working again. Does anyone know what the problem may be? Thanks in advance for any advice.
  3. S

Mission Owners’ Thread

One of my Mk2 Mission 780 Argonauts. I've had these for over 10 years and I don't think I'll ever get rid of them.
  4. S

Sony STR-V4L

Thanks, I'll have a look at the weekend.
  5. S

Sony STR-V4L

I was given a Sony STR-V4L receiver and it's awesome and in mint condition too, looks the same as this. I replaced all the lamps and I've been enjoying it for about a year, until today:worried:. I came home from work and realised I'd left it switched on all day (and night, and the previous...
  6. S

List of TOL vintage speakers

Same woofers and tweeters as my Mission 780 Argonauts, which were also TOTL at one point.
  7. S

What do you "think" about your speakers.

What do I think about my speakers? I think they need to be treated with tung oil, I think I need to try to remove the water mark on the top of one of them, I think they are in pretty good condition for 30yrs old, I think that maybe one day I'll get round to repairing the lugs that hold the...
  8. S

Wharfedale Mach 9s - odd popping/ticking noise

Wharfedale have made plenty of cheap speakers, but I think they were only sold in UK/Europe, anything that has made it across the Atlantic should be pretty special.
  9. S

What's the most useless, over-designed, or badly designed feature ?

:D That just made me genuinely laugh out loud.
  10. S

Baker Auditorium 12

I can confirm that they both work with no VC scraping, more info and pics on Monday. Thanks very much for your help.
  11. S

Baker Auditorium 12

I'm going to connect them to my NAD 3020e now, these are just naked drivers so I'm not sure if I'll be able to properly evaluate them. I've got (more) cider on standby, can't afford champagne.
  12. S

Baker Auditorium 12

The only writing on these units that I didn't include in my first post is "8T", written in chalk on the back of the cones.
  13. S

Baker Auditorium 12

No, Dark grey, almost black. Nope. I got them for free. Hopefully I will borrow a camera tomorrow. Very grateful for all the info you have given me so far.
  14. S

Baker Auditorium 12

Off topic SGD but what does the card in the womans hand in your avatar say?
  15. S

Baker Auditorium 12

No whizzer cone but the dustcaps are 'semi' see through, about 50mm diameter. Like I said, they were in cabinets but there was nothing else in there apart from insect infested foam. The wiring was ordinary electricians flex. My first thought was 'these look like cheap Fane copys'.
Back
Top Bottom