Recent content by skinnypuppy

1. S

dbx BX-2 + CX1

Kinda unrelated but you wouldn’t happen to know if it’s just a cover over the transformer or if it’s part of it.. in other words if one were to remove the Phillips screws would a cover lift off or would that unbolt the whole transformer.
  2. S

Dbx cx-3 question

I see it has two sets of outputs a front and a rear…does the rear also pass a stereo signal or is it only surround?? I want to connect my subwoofer to the rear outputs but I’m not positive that’s a stereo output..i know on the Mark ii version if you select stereo it cuts off the rear outputs.
  3. S

dbx CX-3/BX-3 vs. McIntosh C53/MA462

I have no idea about the mcintosh gear but that dbx stuff is nice.
  4. S

Forte vs forte ii bass?

I’m curious what affect the increased size on the passive radiator on the ii’s had on bass was it lower harder hitting tighter??
  5. S

Dbx bx3 relays

I originally started this post.. thanks for listing these.. any idea if they’re an improvement over the originals or for that matter what causes the originals to go out?
  6. S

Onkyo M-508. A couple of questions for the experts

Yay awesome!!! It’s always the little details that will bite you.
  7. S

Onkyo M-508. A couple of questions for the experts

If you can’t figure it out there’s a guy out in Edgewood I’d trust to go over it..pm me if you end up needing his info
  8. S

Cerwin vega 313

Yup saw those and they really don’t talk about the 313…the first link seems to be talking about the 316r as it has a 15 inch woofer not a 12 inch.. And the second link seems to be talking about a totally different 313 from the 70s vs the one from the early 80s…anyhow guessing no actual opinions...
  9. S

Cerwin vega 313

I could only find two posts and neither really talked very much about them..i was just curious if they were thought of as high end or more lower end etc
  10. S

Cerwin vega 313

Any thoughts on the cerwin vega 313 speakers?? I can’t find really anything about them.
  11. S

Polk magnet shift?

I completely agree with you there!!! Heck I’m not in the area known for anything remotely high end to pop up.. but occasionally i get lucky:)
  12. S

Polk magnet shift?

Awesome thanks for the heads up.. I’ve decided for various reasons to wait until some pop up locally to me…for now I’ll make do with my klipsch forte:)
  13. S

Polk magnet shift?

I keep reading that polk speakers from the 80s might develop magnet shift problems…are some models more prone to this than others? What seems to cause it? I’m looking at some sda 2.3 tl that are about 500 miles away and I’m nervous moving them that distance might cause s problem.
  14. S

Chorus II woofer recone

Actually you might wanna give klipsch a call.. they did have the k-48 woofer about 5 years ago for I believe 200 bucks
Back
Top Bottom