Recent content by skmartin6

1. S

New to me Marantz gear

Just ordered a new belt kit for both the turntable and the tape deck. I have not plugged anything in yet just cleaning it up. I was just wanting to know if there was anything in the mechanism of the tape deck that needed lubed. Thanks I love this place.
  2. S

New to me Marantz gear

I looked but didn't see one.
  3. S

New to me Marantz gear

Hey just picked up some FREE Marantz gear this weekend, low end stuff I think. But again it was free. Got a 5020 cassette deck, 2225 receiver and a 6200 turntable, everything very dirty. Cleaned & Deoxit it most of the day Sunday got everything looking pretty good, my question is on the cassette...
  4. S

Good Day Gone Bad

Already in the planning stage.
  5. S

Good Day Gone Bad

Thanks guys, I know now I'm not alone in this world. Upside did find the screws I couldn't see the other night to get the grills off, got to wear my glass more often, don't think they had ever been off. Inside looked as good as the out side.
  6. S

Good Day Gone Bad

Ever have one of those days where everything is going along just great then all of a sudden all hell breaks loss. That was my Sunday, got up went out to my work shop to clean on a nice set of Pioneer CS-66 speakers I found at a local junk store cheap (posted about these Saturday) had them...
  7. S

Pioneer cs-66 griil removal

Went out and checked for screws none to be fond.
  8. S

Didn't notice any screws, I'll take a better look in the morning, they are out in my work shop. These are all wood with the lattice grills and like I said they are in excellent condition, no broken wood.
  9. S

Just picked up a set of cs-66's today at a local junk store for 25.00. Grills are in excellent shape, boxes have very little scratches, only problem was someone had put a glued carpet tile on the top, one had fallen off,I pulled the other one off. Thought I might have to sand the tops an...
  10. S

SX-1250 w/no FM but still happy

I'm back, traced some wires and made a call to the tech that had worked on the unit (not sure that helped,don't think he under stood me and I for sure didn't understand him) anyway. I traced the jumper wire from term #16 to #30 not landed on #30, instead there was a wire from term#30 to a stud...
  11. S

Yes I do,thanks, I will try an see if I can tell if that jumper is in place. I'll let you know.
  12. S

Talked to the guy I bought the unit from little while ago. He wasn't 100% sure but thought it was AWE-068 (Pioneer # from service manual)board that was replaced with one from a working unit. He wasn't the one that did the work but a friend that is a retired tech. Also, nothing works when...
  13. S

nrenter, glade you didn't. I almost fell out of my chair when I saw this one so close. It some times not the price but the cost and danger of shipping. It was bad enough just getting it in and out of my truck, let alone a what a bad day at the FED X, UPS terminal might do to one. They are heavy...
  14. S

Yes, everything else works fine exept the FM. Not sure which board but I can ask.The guy I bought it from had it hooked up to a rotel tuner, said he has owned for about 3yr. Don't know a lot about them, I can clean and little lubing is as far as I go. Thought someone might have an ideal what to...
  15. S

Hey, just bought a SX-1250, think I did all right, just happened to be local so no shipping. It looks great, every thing works but the FM is out. The guy I bought it from put a different FM board in it but still no good. Not a lot of people around my area that I know of that work on them, just...
Back
Top Bottom