Recent content by SleeperSupra

1. S

New to me some ESS towers that have been modified heavily

Those were originally intended to be two way speakers with a quarter wave transmission line.
  2. S

Carver open baffle silver speakers

I had my original Carver Amazing Loudspeakers hooked up to a 1000 W per channel Carver CTS 2000. That was the best they ever sounded. The really came alive with the bigger power amplifier. Very fast and accurate bass. They were clean and coherent at any volume.
  3. S

Happy Birthday SleeperSupra!

Thanks!
  4. S

Happy Birthday SleeperSupra!

Thank you so much! You are all great!
  5. S

ESS Speakers!

Pictures please.
  6. S

ESS Fans

If you can get them for free, you may be able to find the original woofer for each cabinet, remove the lower driver, plug the hole where the lower woofer is, and bring them back to original working condition.
  7. S

ESS Fans

I believe that those were ESS AMT1 towers. They were originally supposed to have a single 10 inch woofer in a quarter wave transmission line with an AMT up top. Those appear to have been bastardized by a teenager that had no clue of what he was doing. They are totally ruined. I would have to...
  8. S

Anyone Seen These Speakers Before?

The grill material looks an awful lot like what ESS used on their speakers, but I've never seen a pair of their speakers that look like that.
  9. S

Knight KN2000A / Jensen Tri-ette Capacitor Replacement

Nice! I had a similar pair except with the 15 inch Jensen woofer and a larger midrange horn and driver. I believe they were Allied model 2385.
  10. S

Infinity Kappa 8 how good ?

No.
  11. S

Bose loudspeakers and double blind tests

Bose always has their own dedicated listening room. Bose will not allow another speaker to be auditioned in the same room, at least that's how it was when I worked in an audio store and sold Bose. We actually did some side by side comparisons and the Bose products did not fair very well. To...
  12. S

ESS Trans-static I electrostatic speakers

I know this thread is really old, but if you still lerk around here maybe you could please reupload those pictures. Thanks
  13. S

Infinity Kappa 8 how good ?

Old thread! I now own all ESS Heil AMT speakers.
  14. S

Do I owe it to myself to try electrostatic speakers?

I believe this is a better option than an electrostat. https://www.precide.ch/eng/eheil/eheildetails.htm https://www.tnt-audio.com/casse/ess_amt_e.html
Back
Top Bottom