1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

slimecity's Recent Activity

1. slimecity liked c.coyle's post in the thread The final death spiral of Pioneer?.

I'd rather see Pioneer completely cease to exist than to have some conglomerate keep putting the label on cheap plastic s%^t.

Dec 18, 2018 at 9:36 PM
  2. slimecity liked MaxxVolume's post in the thread The final death spiral of Pioneer?.

My all-`70s Pioneer silver-faced gear represented some of the best gear of that period. It is my pride & joy....I don`t care that some...

upload_2018-12-15_20-34-35.png Dec 18, 2018 at 9:35 PM
  3. slimecity liked tom67's post in the thread The final death spiral of Pioneer?.

Keep your chin up.....maybe the only change will be "Baring Equity" on the front of your next receiver instead of Pioneer

Dec 18, 2018 at 9:32 PM
  4. slimecity liked WaynerN's post in the thread The final death spiral of Pioneer?.

Labor costs are the primary driver for companies to relocate or sell-out. While China is the current labor force of the world, the world...

Dec 18, 2018 at 9:31 PM
  5. slimecity liked AdamAnt316's post in the thread The final death spiral of Pioneer?.

Pretty much all of the old-line US audio/radio/TV brands are little more than nameplates nowadays. Philco, Zenith, Admiral, KLH, AR,...

Dec 18, 2018 at 9:24 PM
  6. slimecity liked sgmlaw's post in the thread NE5532 Op-amps upgrade in Musical Fidelity A5 ?.

The OPA-627 is a terrific op-amp. Worth every penny. A number of years ago, I upgraded the stock LM6172 op-amps in a Marantz CD67-SE...

Dec 17, 2018 at 10:51 PM
  7. slimecity liked macyjrm's post in the thread If only they'd start up again...

The old Sansui we know and love is dead. Only the brand name has survived. The posters above are correct. There is no business case...

Dec 17, 2018 at 7:29 PM
  8. slimecity liked Hipocrates's post in the thread If only they'd start up again...

Hardly, it will be expensive and the market would be a handfull of fellows. People like those small speakers from apple and google. with...

Dec 17, 2018 at 7:28 PM
  9. slimecity liked Hyperion's post in the thread If only they'd start up again...

It's a really nice thought but wishful thinking really, as I think very little, if any, of the old spirit and dedication still exists,...

10. slimecity liked Hipocrates's post in the thread Sansui Au7900.

Man the closest that I know is leestereo in Ottawa. He's awesome.

11. slimecity replied to the thread Sansui Au-X1 no bias.

Hi Glen - Yes there are some very smart people in the sansui section. I hope you also know that those high-speed outputs are now...

Dec 17, 2018 at 7:26 PM
  12. slimecity liked mhardy6647's post in the thread Favorite low power amps.

Low powered solid state? Nelson Pass designed "Amp Camp Amp" (kit) Sonics nearly in striking range of a good single-ended DHT amp of...

Dec 17, 2018 at 6:56 PM
  13. slimecity attached a file to the thread Favorite low power amps.

I have one of these, that I totally love. [ATTACH] With SS, my Pioneer M22 was my fave until I built by L'amp VFET single-ended. Then...

untitled.png Dec 17, 2018 at 6:56 PM
  14. slimecity liked AdamAnt316's post in the thread Nudie Censored?.

Now that's just filthy! :eek: Here, let me Tumblr-fy that for you: [ATTACH] There, that's better. :)

kronzilla_censored.jpg Dec 17, 2018 at 6:52 PM
  15. slimecity liked E-Stat's post in the thread Nudie Censored?.

I guess they'd really take exception to Kronzillas :) [ATTACH]

kronzilla.png Dec 17, 2018 at 6:52 PM