slimecity's Recent Activity

1. slimecity replied to the thread Installing a new 2772 into an X1.

Hi guys - can you please advise which caps are C1, C2 and C3 in this PCB? Which resistors are R602 & R602? thanks

Sep 25, 2018 at 1:47 AM
  2. slimecity liked blhagstrom's post in the thread Clear Coating with the Right Stuff!.

I’ve used Rusroleum industrial paint, I worked in industrial supply in a previous life. I got to visit with factory reps and chat about...

Sep 24, 2018 at 10:35 PM
  3. slimecity liked crispycircuit's post in the thread Clear Coating with the Right Stuff!.

I love the looks of a clear coat. I've tried Rustolium clear over Rustolium paint, pure fustration! It reacts & wrinkles, I've tried...

Sep 24, 2018 at 10:35 PM
  4. slimecity liked G22000chris's post in the thread Sansui Mass collection sold. Possibly old AK member.

I only wish it was me. Don @Drestle was the mans son. Incredible collection.

Sep 24, 2018 at 10:31 PM
  5. slimecity replied to the thread Sansui Mass collection sold. Possibly old AK member.

Im still amazed at the collection your dad had @G22000chris - you are lucky to have been exposed to those pieces - especially at a time...

Sep 24, 2018 at 7:30 PM
  6. slimecity liked Drestle's post in the thread Sansui Mass collection sold. Possibly old AK member.

Testing and working on all of these older units has been a really big learning experience for me and has given me an appreciation for...

Sep 24, 2018 at 7:29 PM
  7. slimecity liked Drestle's post in the thread Sansui Mass collection sold. Possibly old AK member.

Chris, I believe we started with three G33Ks and five 22Ks. Many had boxes and paperwork but I usually included that with the eBay...

Sep 24, 2018 at 7:29 PM
  8. slimecity liked Drestle's post in the thread Sansui Mass collection sold. Possibly old AK member.

Hi guys I am the son of the Sansui collector in question. Over the past 2 years I have sold almost all of the collection, with only a...

Sep 24, 2018 at 7:28 PM
  9. slimecity liked Sansuiman's post in the thread Sansui Mass collection sold. Possibly old AK member.

^ heartily seconded. As someone who has spent 21 years now collecting (almost entirely) Sansui, and having acquired a decent number of...

Sep 24, 2018 at 7:28 PM
  10. slimecity liked BigElCat's post in the thread Are Audiophiles Stoners?.

Somehow, I feel the need to redeem Kansas after that Spanish Flu epidemic a century ago. It started here. I'm thinking the strain to...

Sep 24, 2018 at 7:26 PM
  11. slimecity liked onwardjames's post in the thread Are Audiophiles Stoners?.

I think that was Bill Cosby in "Himself" from 1980. Hey Superdog, how are ya! Perhaps the negatives you're experiencing are due to...

Sep 24, 2018 at 7:26 PM
  12. slimecity liked BigElCat's post in the thread Are Audiophiles Stoners?.

Not totally baseless. We don't need data to prove something is real. Science is a belief system, a sub-branch of philosophy.

Sep 24, 2018 at 7:25 PM
  13. slimecity replied to the thread Are Audiophiles Stoners?.

I guess by now you will know I have opposing views. There is a flip side to the argument that making drugs legal will increase usage....

Sep 24, 2018 at 3:46 PM
  14. slimecity replied to the thread Are Audiophiles Stoners?.

I agree. I think the whole "gateway" concept is one perpetuated by law enforcement to fear monger. The assumption is totally baseless, I...

Sep 24, 2018 at 3:42 PM
  15. slimecity replied to the thread Are Audiophiles Stoners?.

Interesting how the cultures that jump up and down about "illegal" drugs on the one hand quite happily over-medicate their people (and...

Sep 24, 2018 at 3:38 PM