Recent content by slywuf

1. slywuf

Help! Please identify this barn-fresh Fisher find

OK Bob - Just sent you a note. Let me know if it did not show up. -Mark-
  2. slywuf

Bob - I wanted to attach that hi-res file of the EL34 amp underside, but does not look like the (upload a file) option did that. How do I just attach the file?
  3. slywuf

Appreciate the info Bob. I'd be interested in seeing your plan for the soft start B+. I'll be keeping my tuner chassis/cabinet separate from the 403 preamp chassis/cabinet. Tracing thru both your amps with a scope should point you to where that hum is coming from. I do have a picture...
  4. slywuf

Great info you provided there Bob - Thanks for the detail. I found a NOS dial glass with the Fisher logo on it for the 80-R tuner. I'll keep an eye out for a face plate for it as well as the 403 pre-amp. I suspect it will take quite some time to locate these pieces. I can make wood cabinets...
  5. slywuf

Wish I knew what the story was from the owner of the estate sale where I picked up this equipment, as far as where he obtained it, and what happened to the rest of the console. Judging by the type of stuff that was in this estate sale, the owner was not really into vintage electronics. Most of...
  6. slywuf

Great info - my hat is off to you guys that have provided me an education here on Fisher and Ampex. I'll restore this stuff and look forward to seeing what kind of sound they will produce. I have quite a bit of Magnavox and E.H. Scott vintage equipment, but this is the first Fisher and Ampex...
  7. slywuf

Ah Yes! That 80-R does indeed look like the unit I have. I think I'm starting to get a handle now on what these components came out of. At first I thought it was a Fisher console, but from some info that I just turned up, looks like this stuff came from an Ampex console. Apparently Ampex...
  8. slywuf

Thanks for the info you provided. So, did they mingle Ampex and Fisher equipment in the same console, or do you think this equipment came from two entirely different units? That last picture is the Ampex model 520 Multiplex Decoder (according to the markings on the chassis). Any idea what the...
  9. slywuf

While at an estate auction the other day I picked up what appears to be the internals of a Fisher tube type console. This is my first Fisher find, so I do not know what the model numbers are for the tuner or amps. The tuner has 13 tubes in it. The only marking on the chassis is this number...
  10. slywuf1

slywuf1

Fisher barn find
Back
Top Bottom