Recent content by Smaug

1. Smaug

Any interest in a Chicago area club?

At the Wisconsin meet-up I just attended, a lot of people came from 2+ hours away, and one guy came from Florida! (he coordinated a family visit too) It's just a question of whether it is worth it to hang out, eat and drink with like-minded folks.
  2. Smaug

SE WI and NE IL in March - It's That Time Again!!!

By the way, the name tags were a GREAT idea. A newbie like me really appreciated them. ;-)
  3. Smaug

I think the biggest compliment I can give to our host and hostess is that Cari had to ask me if I thought we should go. I replied: "Nah, we just got here a couple hours ago." and she said: "Honey, we've been here for 7 hours!" I had no idea. I usually am begging to go when we go out to a party...
  4. Smaug

↑ This lucky guy had his squeeze and his drink within easy reach.
  5. Smaug

I allowed myself one artsy shot of a tube amp:
  6. Smaug

↑ "Where do you think you're going with that amp, Pal?!"
  7. Smaug

The group photos were all blurry, as everyone was well-lubricated by that time. ;-) (stupid camera decided to focus on the antenna instead of the people)
  8. Smaug

I'll put pix in a few at a time. First, some of my favorite gear I saw: ↑ Some crafty guy named Perry built a speaker "cabinet" out of a fallen maple tree. ;-) They sounded pretty good. ↑Our host seems to like old Sherwood Receivers. ↑ I think if more CD players were like this, the media...
  9. Smaug

Thanks for the great party! I'll post some pix later. Going to brunch now.
  10. Smaug

Robie - we dodged a bullet here. Snow storm yesterday night and more coming Sunday (not much though). AK party smack in the middle. I'm a hobbyist photographer. Would it be OK if I bring a camera and take a few snapshots? Maybe at least a group shot before people start leaving, if Robie is not...
  11. Smaug

What sides are folks planning on bringing. I don't want to be the 10th guy bringing chips or anything. I plan on bringing a veggie tray; this will counteract the guilt from the delicious other stuff that isn't healthy. ;-)
  12. Smaug

I'll be there; please PM me the address and what I should bring.
Back
Top Bottom