Recent content by SMelching

1. S

Pioneer dealer “The Rack”

Thanks for the info most appreciated. If you ever see one of the 1978 Best Products catalogues for sale that you mentioned earlier please let me know with the rack in it. I will pay good money for one. Steve
  2. S

How did you modify the rear panels/doors for a key lock if you remember? Also what was normally done on the inside of the cabinet to combine all of the power plugs to one central point? Was any kind of a surge protector normally added? Thank you Steve
  3. S

I now have three of the old dealer racks. One from Virginia with no legs complete with tt cutout. One from Ohio with legs and tt cutout and I just got one from Michigan with legs and tt cutout. Only the Ohio one has the Pioneer logo in the woodgrain on top, the others do not. I find it odd that...
  4. S

Nakamichi System-One • Comprising of rack mounted 600, 610, 620 and 630 Components.

Hello. I am looking for one of the original turntable shelfs that mounted on top of the System One rack. Any kind person out there have one for sale? Thanks
  5. S

Anyone have or had a set of Utah HS4-AX ?

I live in Huntington and have had several friends work at Utah/Pyle over the years. I have been collecting the Stradivarius line for a few years now. The formica cabinets are almost impossible to damage. My memory says that all of the components were made by Pyle. The cabinets were made and...
  6. S

Nakamichi System-One • Comprising of rack mounted 600, 610, 620 and 630 Components.

Love those pictures. I just purchased two of those racks. Would you have an extra turntable shelf by chance? Thanks Steve
  7. S

Rare, hard to find, uncommon Pioneer components

Doc. I recently acquired the complete setup (minus sign and light) of "the rack" you have pictured here. It came from Roxie in Chicago through a mutual friend. I am currently restoring all of it back to its original glory as shown in your picture. Have uploaded the first video of the two piece...
  8. S

This is an original picture from a Pioneer ad circa 1980.
  9. S

I recently uploaded a video of starting the restoration project on the rack to YouTube. Sorry that the audio level is a bit low as it was windy outside that day. Will be adding more videos later. Steve
  10. S

Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  11. S

Thank you for the reply and all of the great information. It has filled in a lot of the gaps for me. If you still have the Best Products catalog would it be possible for you to upload a picture of the front of the catalog and the page with the rack info on it? I have been trying to find an...
  12. S

I recently aquired an original “circa 1980” Pioneer dealer rack. Mine has the cutout in the shelf to recess in the turntable. My understanding is that there were two different versions made. Anyone know the difference’s in them? I have heard that the early versions did not have the two aluminum...
  13. S

Pioneer SA-9800

Hello. I recently aquired one of these units that was a part of the “The Rack” system another member here used to own. Unit will not power up. Was told that the power transformers may be the problem as they were replaced once before. Anyone point me to a source please? Hope that I am posting in...
  14. S

Comment by 'SMelching' in media 'My system less the speakers, they're behind me.'

Roxanne. I now have all of your old equipment shown. I am restoring all of it back to as pictured. Steve
Back
Top Bottom