Recent content by smi1

1. S

Amps for KEF LS50M, balanced, high gain, NOT class D

Preferably new, but more than open to used. Thanks! :)
  2. S

Amps for KEF LS50M, balanced, high gain, NOT class D

Hey everyone, Perhaps I'm looking for the impossible, but... would anyone be able to recommend a separate amp (standalone, not integrated) for the new KEF LS50M? Ideally, it should be: -comfortable going down to 4ohms, but rated for 8ohms (i.e. solid-state, probably) -class A or class A/B; I...
  3. S

Stylus Upgrade for Audio-Technica AT311EP

Hello! I currently have a Audio-Technica AT311EP, and I was wondering if anyone has ever experimented with upgrading it with a better stylus. Say, one that fits a AT331LP and that is line contact? These ones seem interesting: http://www.lpgear.com/product/ATSAT0331LP.html...
  4. S

New Integrated vs. Old Receiver

Thanks for the replies! Well, I guess it would be best to have both. I'll audition the Marantz soon, then! Thanks again!
  5. S

New Integrated vs. Old Receiver

Hello everyone! I have a doubt, and was wondering if anyone could help me with it, please. You see, I have a 80s Kenwood KR-770 receiver, which needs repairing, but sounds great. However, I've saved up to buy a Marantz PM8004 in the future. My question: would the Kenwood surpass the...
  6. S

1963 Fisher President VIII 8000 Console

Agreed!
  7. S

Thanks for all of you that answered. It really is a shame what people can do to such great pieces of audio history! Shame on them! Ah well... With luck, I'll find one eventually!
  8. S

The real question would be: is it for sale?
  9. S

I sure hope so!
  10. S

I'm looking for a Fisher President VIII 8000 Console. Do you guys think that there may still be one out there somewhere? Thanks!
Back
Top Bottom