Recent content by SmileyFaceEQ

1. SmileyFaceEQ

Dual 1241 pitch adjustment

This 1241 unit has no pitch adjust and is running fast. 34.2 rpm Am I smoking dope? I can not see a pitch adjustment in the service or owners manual.
  2. SmileyFaceEQ

What's your best sounding record? What's your favorite record?

Here is a rare Bird.... Bruce Cockburn Stealing Fire. Award winning Album for production.
  3. SmileyFaceEQ

Before and After Dust Cover Cleaning

Not my first day on the JOB....LOL. I am a busy guy and the 7" produced these results. I have done over a hundred lids. I do 4 or 5 week. I am far from a noob. The biggest mistake is taking advice from folks that think they know what they are talking about.
  4. SmileyFaceEQ

I use two dabs about the size of a half dollar. I use a big 7 inch high power buffer. A drill will take longer, but should work acceptably.
  5. SmileyFaceEQ

Go back down to 1500 if there are still scratches and work your way back up. Trust the process. I spend 40 mins sanding and 20 minsh polishing. Compound, scratch x2.0, polish, wax.
  6. SmileyFaceEQ

All good. If you get finished and it is still hazy or visible scratches then at some point you didn't spend enough time before proceeding to the next grit. Generally I double the time for each succeeding grit. I use a massive two hand buffer and go to town and now I can do one in under an hour...
  7. SmileyFaceEQ

Best budget cartridges of all time post yours

I bought 30 x AT3600L's for a great deal. A better price than usual considering the size of the order. I restore turntables constantly, so nice to have them in the bin and I sell a few off if asked by whomever. Added benefit is I get to poke away a scattered empire or whatever for future use...
  8. SmileyFaceEQ

JVC QL-A2 not locking speed at 33 rpm

No. Sadly not, however it permits dialing the speed to 33.33 perfectly without going all over.....33.1 to 33.9 and everything else in between. It stabilizes at 33.33 if your hand is steady adjusting the 33 vr. It's a bodge, but whatever else can you do. Did you attempt adding the resistor...
  9. SmileyFaceEQ

Subwoofer Refoam Help, Voice Coil Rubbing, Vintage Marantz Imperial 6G

I have around 10 sets of speakers coming and going with the hobby constantly. The only keepers, that I enjoy in my listening environment, are Yamaha NS-690 and ESS-LS5. I have sold off some that I regret, like mint large advents and could not get rid of some fast enough like CV-AT12. Currently...
  10. SmileyFaceEQ

Subwoofer Refoam Help, Voice Coil Rubbing, Vintage Marantz Imperial 6G

It's not like they were amazing speakers to begin with. Just replace the woofers and try them or part them out. They are just a set of speakers.
  11. SmileyFaceEQ

AR-2X vs AR-2AX

Did you replace the capacitors ? I found a substantial improvement after A/B the pre and post cap replacement.
  12. SmileyFaceEQ

Selling off my collection of random speakers

In the past 2 weeks most of these speakers have been sold off. I have had an opportunity to listen to each pair one last time before each sale. Out of all of the sets the little energy 2.1e were the most surprising. Very punchy and a lot of sound from such a small speaker. The mission 762i...
  13. SmileyFaceEQ

Why no love for Dual 1209?

I fully restore Dual and PE turntables. I do 3 to 5 a week. The 1209 is a fine table. Designated 9 tables are all good units. 1009, 1019, 1209, 1219, 1229. All good tables.
  14. SmileyFaceEQ

Baby Advent?

Send me some of what you are smoking.
Back
Top Bottom