Recent content by smk1969

1. S

Thoughts on 5050 Receiver

My dad bought a 5050 back in the mid-70's when I was in early grade school. Back then, it was just "the stereo system" to me, and I thought they all sounded like that one did. When I got out of school, I bought my first system which included a Yamaha RX750 receiver with 85 wpc. It did not...
  2. S

Itunes file got scrambled, what to do next?

I am making a follow-up for the record on my response (above) to elcoholic. He is correct. Itunes will not rip a file from a CD as a FLAC file.
  3. S

Elcoholic, I am learning, so I may be missing some of the finer points of this. But I will try to respond in your Quote if anyone is interested. Any PC can rip, store and manage CD's to FLAC. Audiophile quality playback generally requires an external DAC and if your using a Windows machine...
  4. S

All the files are still there, and I COULD edit the artist and album in Itunes, but it would be very tedious. There really is no order to the files anymore, and there are well over 1000 files that would need to be edited. So I will go the FLAC route, based on the general consensus that I...
  5. S

I must be losing my mind. I thought I had all of this figured out. Last night, in the backup file on my old computer, in the file for each song I had ripped from CD's, was showing all track, song, artist, and album data. The files on my currently-used laptop was only showing track and song...
  6. S

I just confirmed that I have the same library on my old computer. I am going to try copying that to my new computer and see if I get different results.
  7. S

I just tried doing that. It would have to be done for each song. It does not seem to grab all songs from a given album.
  8. S

Thanks for the replies. I did do the google search earlier and saw some of the same threads. It seems that the WAV files are vulnerable to this issue on iTunes. I probably don't know what my best option is. The real meaning of my first question above was - is it necessary to re-rip all...
  9. S

I have downloaded a bunch of songs from Itunes, and I also ripped all my CD's (maybe 150 discs?) in WAV format on my PC in Windows 10. I have backup files for all of this. I innocently tried to edit the data for an album in Itunes, and one thing led to another over the course of several hours...
  10. S

What to keep

Yes, very well spoken Sansuiman - and I guess I have had those same guiding principles in the back of my conscience. I appreciate the reassurance. My Sansui appreciation started with my dad's 5050, which is my most cherished of all. When I realized how much better it was than so much of the...
  11. S

What to keep

This thread has been hard for me to read. I have acquired a few Sansui's and I also appreciate each one of them. But I realize that I have too many, when combining with my non-Sansui amps. I have been mentally preparing to sell off some of the herd. I can not imagine anything topping the...
  12. S

Loud pops / static bursts - AU7900

Okay. Thanks for confirming that!
  13. S

Loud pops / static bursts - AU7900

It sounds like there will be a lot of work involved - replacing all these parts. I am not a technician - I don't have the background or any of the tools. I have soldered, but never on an electronic board. I have to admit I am a little bit tempted to open it up and try doing this myself...
  14. S

9090db Channel dropping mystery solved?

I used a microfiber cloth with water to clean the inside of the display. It seems to have worked well. It will be put back in its rightful place tomorrow. Thanks everyone for your help.
  15. S

9090db Channel dropping mystery solved?

I fired it up and both channels are singing! Party town USA right here!! Now for one more rookie question - is there a recommended cleaner for the inside of the glass before reattaching?
Back
Top Bottom