Recent content by smokinone

1. smokinone

WZ-096 zener diode

Great, thanks. I found this at Mouser, TZX9V1E-TR. It's 9.5V if I'm reading the datasheet correctly. .that should get me where I want . Thanks again.
  2. smokinone

WZ-096 zener diode

I have a radio with a WZ-096 zener diode in it. I can't seem to find anything on it. I believe it is a 9.6V zener, a watt maybe. I haven't been able to get any closer than a 9.1 1/2W through hole. Is there anyone who knows where to get one, or what would replace it other than a SMD? Thanks.
  3. smokinone

Let's see photos of your tube amplifier - modern and vintage

A couple of amps rescued and restored from my father in laws estate. ACROSOUND 20/20 FISHER X-100 before the walnut case And with the new walnut case purchased from a forum member - Asaalah
  4. smokinone

Greetings From California! I'm So Happy To Be Here...

I am primarily a vinyl guy. I have my JVC QL-Y66 in rotation now. I'll most likely stay with it as overall I like it the best of the several TT's I do have. I think JVC made some nice stuff. I do have some CD's but don't tend to play them much at all. I did get the KD-25 repaired and hooked up...
  5. smokinone

JVC KD-25 Cassette Deck

Thank you duncan. Looking at the KD-55 schematic, or block diagram I see where the 2 are tied pretty much together. I really don't know a lot of what's going on inside the circuitry, I can follow, but don't always understand. At any rate, you are correct about the amp. I hooked the deck to my...
  6. smokinone

JVC KD-25 Cassette Deck

If someone could be kind enough to give me a little help on this cassette player I would appreciate it. It is in overall decent shape but wasn't playing tapes, not even holding play mode. I changed the belts and that seemed to cure that problem. Also I cleaned the heads and lubed the pots and...
  7. smokinone

Just running the Chorus I now. Have been from RF3 II, to KLF-20, now the Chorus I. Just 2 channel, I don't do much rotation. I like my Luxman, about the same era as the Lafayette, but currently listening to and like the way the tube Fisher sounds with the Klipsch. Can't go wrong with Floyd. I...
  8. smokinone

Ever turned 100,000 miles over on a Car

140k on a 1983 Buick Regal...sold it, wife was not happy, was very reliable 180k on a 2006 Jetta diesel...sold it, again wife not happy, got tired of repairing it 157k on a 1990 4 Runner...still have it, needs AC and valve cover gaskets 160k on a 2014 Subaru Impreza...still driving it, needed a...
  9. smokinone

AK is 19 years old, so we're having a raffle.

10. smokinone

A little late on the welcome, but welcome to the club. As far as needing more cowbells, Chamber Brothers "TIME" is my all time favorite for the bells;) I know, I'm old.
  11. smokinone

Teledyne AM 472

Looking a little closer, it's an integrated amp. AM for amplifier? Their receivers start with RA. That's what I have found so far, not even SAMS Photofact shows anything.
  12. smokinone

New to the tube world with a Fisher 400 but not quite happy

I have recently inherited a Fisher X-100. It had been sitting for years so I sent it off to AEA audio for a restoration as I have no clue on tube stuff. I just didn't want to smoke anything. Turned out to be a good move as the transformer had intermittent problems and had to be rewound. There...
  13. smokinone

Thoughts on Onkyo?

I've always liked the looks of the TX Onkyo series. I believe they have a glass face-plate instead of plastic. I have a 306, I think, pre-amp and it's built very nice. I haven't used it in a long time, but it has a nice phono stage. Wood sides and a euro plug with adapter for US.
  14. smokinone

Teledyne AM 472

Looking for a little help here please. Has anyone seen one of these? I think Olson electronics carried the line, but I can't seem to find anything on this particular unit using several search engines. Found in my father-in-laws shop. I haven't tried to fire it up as of yet. I would like to...
  15. smokinone

EX Vinyl Crackle Remover

This is cheaper
Back
Top Bottom