1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice
smurfer77
Last Activity:
Nov 13, 2018 at 8:11 PM

Share This Page

smurfer77

AK Subscriber, from San Francisco

Subscriber
smurfer77 was last seen:
Nov 13, 2018 at 8:11 PM
    1. ricksiri
      ricksiri
      So I installed them flat side facing the knob side of board, . That is opposite of what yours appear like. I finished up the board, hooked some speakers and Ipod up, but get no sound...aaagh. Any thoughts? Thanks
    2. ricksiri
      ricksiri
      Hello smurfer77. I'm working on the tone control pc board on my Sansui AU-505. I am looking at your re-cap thread. In the photo of your tone control board it looks like your transistors are put in with flat side facing away from the knob side of the board. Does that make sense? :-) I'm replacing the 2sc1312's with ksc1845's. I thought the pinout was the same for both transistors.
    3. RodMan66
      RodMan66
      Hello, I just acquired a pair of the SP-2000 speakers as well, to go with my 800. I saw your resto thread on the SP-2000. I don't suppose you have a list of which caps you got/from where?

Thanks!
    4. Electricjay
      Electricjay
      Hey. I have recently acquired an au70 and a tu70. They looked totally untouched. Original caps tubes etc. I have some knowledge of guitar tube amps and can solder well but I think this is out of my league. I don't have the equipment to do it right. Do you do repairs or know someone that does repairs on these sansui amps and tuner? Thanks jay
    5. Bill Magnan
      Bill Magnan
      Smurfer77
      I was reviewing your postings on the AU777A rebuild. I also have one I picked up back in 1970 I am planning on re-caping and making some minor mods.
      I was wondering if you have any changes from your original suggestion or things you would have done differently?
      Thanks for any suggestion or advice you can provide.
      Bill
      1. smurfer77
        smurfer77
        Hi Bill,

I was significantly more novice when I did that rebuild but aside from a few odd comments, most holds true. But, you don't need to go all out like I did... main thing is the electrolytic caps at first to keep her running for another 40-50 years
        Nov 29, 2017
      2. Bill Magnan
        Bill Magnan
        Yes have done some tube HAM systems, always start with the power supply and work out. likely will take several months - I will let you know how it goes.
        Nov 30, 2017
        Harryconover likes this.
    6. Pol
      Pol
      Hi,

I saw your magnificient case, congrats!!! very nice idea!!!
      I'm interested in the plexyglass case for.. 777A.

Is it possible that do you can sell me one ?

we'll keep in touch,
      POL

PS: Excuse me for my english.
  • About