smurfer77's Recent Activity

1. smurfer77 replied to the thread Sansui 210 - Strange flash bang!.

Forgive me if this is known to you... that cap is a safety cap. Probably x2 class if its across the line. Note this is a legal and...

Sep 26, 2018 at 8:01 AM
  2. smurfer77 replied to the thread Troubleshooting a 5000X, Recap Pending..

One day I will fix up my old man's amp. The old man is now gone, but the amp I will bring back to life (it's in Australia and I'm in the...

Sep 24, 2018 at 12:21 PM
  3. smurfer77 liked davros's post in the thread Troubleshooting a 5000X, Recap Pending..

I replaced the open diode with a new IN34A. This not only fixed my Stereo sounding "weird" issue, but all of my FM is coming in...

Sep 24, 2018 at 12:21 PM
  4. smurfer77 liked davros's post in the thread Troubleshooting a 5000X, Recap Pending..

So I am in the process of bringing my Fathers 5000X back into service. It has sentimental value to him, as well as to me, He is recently...

Sep 24, 2018 at 12:20 PM
  5. smurfer77 liked richka's post in the thread Sansui AU-07 info request.

this is what i have in my archive ;copied from this site """""During my intensive investigation, finally I found all things about...

Sep 24, 2018 at 10:13 AM
  6. smurfer77 liked Przem's post in the thread Potential problem with Sansui SE-99 EQ.

Sansui SE-99 display Hello Kotofei I hope you solved your problem but if not I have to tell you that I have just repaired display...

Sep 22, 2018 at 12:11 AM
  7. smurfer77 liked AUD101's post in the thread IDK video - The company that officially offers parts and service for vintage Sansuis.

Quote from IDK's president Kohei Iizuka To be honest, we don't make any profit - We're happy if we can cover labor costs. The product...

Sep 21, 2018 at 12:03 PM
  8. smurfer77 liked Ronito6's post in the thread IDK video - The company that officially offers parts and service for vintage Sansuis.

...and they make little to no profit doing it. While taking another stab at locating an AU-X11 service manual I was lead to this video....

Sep 21, 2018 at 12:03 PM
  9. smurfer77 replied to the thread Sansui Alpha x-balanced series 'hot' and 'cold' service manual terminology.

Have now confirmed this as per alpha607MR manual; it does actually refer in one place to "Hot (non-inverting)" and "Cold (inverting)".

Sep 20, 2018 at 7:02 PM
  10. smurfer77 replied to the thread Sansui Alpha x-balanced series 'hot' and 'cold' service manual terminology.

Thanks for this John. Nice to have something in English. :) I bet I'm not the only fool who grounded a negative speaker terminal of...

Sep 19, 2018
  11. smurfer77 liked skippy124's post in the thread Sansui Alpha x-balanced series 'hot' and 'cold' service manual terminology.

Hi, Some info on the X-balanced design (I hope it is readable - you may have to save the image first) [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Cheers...

SAN3C.JPG SAN3R.JPG Sep 19, 2018
  12. smurfer77 liked SansuiJavier's post in the thread Sansui Alpha x-balanced series 'hot' and 'cold' service manual terminology.

In my opinion, the alphas sound better than any other Sansui series, I'm in love with my X-901. I jump from my 717/777 when I want to...

Sep 19, 2018
  13. smurfer77 liked kevzep's post in the thread Sansui Alpha x-balanced series 'hot' and 'cold' service manual terminology.

High side is positive, Low side is negative. Must be in reference to which way the amp is pushing when looking at it on a scope... I've...

Sep 19, 2018
  14. smurfer77 replied to the thread Sansui Alpha x-balanced series 'hot' and 'cold' service manual terminology.

But when viewed in scope the 'low side' (pulling) becomes high side (pushing) for every alternative half cycle. :p. Maybe low side or...

Sep 19, 2018