Recent content by Snappahead

1. S

What's your latest audio purchase?

Picked up a pair of Legacy Signature 3's. Great condition, sound amazing
  2. S

The official AK golf thread

I've played courses with wicked fast greens. It's impossible. This entire course is brutal. If they don't hit the green perfectly the ball skips or rolls off. They only guy who can play it is Scheffler. He's unflappable.
  3. S

That's how I play. I never over swing anymore. The easier I swing, the better and further I hit the ball. Amazing how that works actually.
  4. S

McIntosh loaded Barzilay console value

I don't think you'll pay less and if you do it won't be much.
  5. S

MC60 Joins damacman's lair

I'm all ears.
  6. S

MC60 Joins damacman's lair

It looks a bit pitted, but some "age" doesn't bother me. Besides sitting on a rack you probably won't see much of it anyway. Try some polish and see if you're pleased with the results.
  7. S

McIntosh loaded Barzilay console value

Many will tell you that every piece needs to be restored. I'm not one of them. I'd bring everything up on a variac and see if they work. My guess is that they do. Then I'd repair what's necessary. I think it's worth every bit of $5000. And if you like the console then that's a bonus because the...
  8. S

It's early. I stunk too my first time out. First hole I hit the flag on my 3rd shot on a par 5. Parred the hole because I promptly 2 putted. Then it was all over. Drives were all over, couldn't hit a long iron, even my best club my 5 wood failed me. But I had fun, had a few beers and I'll play...
  9. S

NEW - McIntosh C22 Mk V

I agree. I like preamps to be as simple and straight to the point as possible.
  10. S

PROBLEM HDMI MCINTOSH MX 121

The Mc MX units are problematic. When they do fail parts are often unavailable. I had an MX 121 that became a boat anchor too.
  11. S

Want to know what speakers you are using for your McIntosh Gear

If you're shopping in that price range I'd recommend you give Legacies a listen.
  12. S

You're brave.
  13. S

Cost to sell on eBay

It was done on a handshake and gentlemen's agreement. I was the gentleman, he wasn't. I was honest, he wasn't. It was not foolish. He beat me out of money and I hope he spends it on doctor bills.
  14. S

Cost to sell on eBay

I refunded his money and asked him to send it back to me. He never did. He basically stole the amp from me.
  15. S

Cost to sell on eBay

There was no warranty implied. And I sent him a video of the unit working with all the controls working. Yet he claimed it wasn't and started making issues. There's no defense to that. When a buyer makes a stink even if it's over nothing your credibility and integrity is on the line. I no longer...
Back
Top Bottom