Recent content by SoCal Sam

1. SoCal Sam

Opinion: The long overdue death of the stick shift car

Yup, brakes last longer because of engine braking. Clutches last a long time if not ridden on up and down shifts. Key to making clutches last is match revs.
  2. SoCal Sam

Opinion: The long overdue death of the stick shift car

Stick shift is awesome. There are a few modern stick shift sedans that interest me. Lexus IS250 and 2007 Mercedes C350 are two that come to mind.
  3. SoCal Sam

Tool Time: Electric Impact Wrenches

I have Milwaukee. Expensive but worth it. I had Ryobi but the batteries went bad. Should have paid more for Milwaukee up front.
  4. SoCal Sam

Cost to sell on eBay

Paypal eats up 3.5%. Recipient pays.
  5. SoCal Sam

The perils of modern air travel.....?

Kalifornians take pride in our classless society.
  6. SoCal Sam

The perils of modern air travel.....?

I'll drive my gas car if destination is less than 500 miles.
  7. SoCal Sam

Let's See Your Miscellaneous Car Photos

2003 here. It runs like a clock. Super easy to work on. I'll keep it until they manage to stop oil...or not.
  8. SoCal Sam

10 years gone, Malaysia Airlines MH-370

Bad guy waits for good pilot to leave and then de-pressurizes the plane.
  9. SoCal Sam

Classy Women

10. SoCal Sam

Windows 11 rant...

I have a grand total of one hour on Windows 8 on my new Dell. I immediately upgraded to W10.
  11. SoCal Sam

Windows 11 rant...

Mint runs on a variety of older hardware including iMac and MacBook computers. It runs Macs as fast as MacOS. I did not like the constant upgrading that went on with Mint. I realize that Mint is open source. I wish there was a central clearing house that releases updates like MacOS does.
  12. SoCal Sam

Windows 11 rant...

I was Windows user up until about 2019. Found an old iMac 27 which I fixed up and installed High Sierra. Once I learned MacOS, it was just software to me. Then the benefits manifested. MacOS is free for hardware owners. MacOS is related to Linux so it is streamlined, efficient, and stable...
  13. SoCal Sam

Shopping around for auto insurance quotes digs up old skeletons in the closet

Ticket will turn into you said, cop said contest. Since judge and cop and likely related or attended the same Sunday service, guess who wins?
  14. SoCal Sam

March Madness - College Basketball 2024

NCAA mens and womens still interest me. I'm done with NBA and WNBA.
Back
Top Bottom