Recent content by solderjockey

1. S

Dynaco ST70 Reintroduced!

That's interesting since Radial also owns Jensen Transformers.
  2. S

Dynaco ST70 Reintroduced!

And will it still be a kit?
  3. S

Tubes going out?

It could be coming from almost anywhere. The tube, the socket, a coupling cap, or any resistor carrying B+ can all exhibit this symptom.
  4. S

Ampex 620 speaker/amps

Inserting a 1/4" plug into the jack on the front to feed an external speaker bypasses the contouring filters and gives you a flat signal.
  5. S

Yamaha NS-10M scroe!!!

I never liked them. No bass, screechy treble and too much midrange. Since the drivers are long out of production, and studios are still willing to pay upwards of $500 - $600 for a working pair, I'd flip them and use the profits to get something better sounding.
  6. S

Explain this phenomenon...

Subsonic rumble from the turntable?
  7. S

Stereo Exchange in New York City is closing/moving:(

And in the late '60s there was a branch of Tech HiFi across the street.
  8. S

I believe the original store was on 17th street between 5th and 6th in the same building as Analogique the open reel tape machine repair place. I too enjoyed the many times I wandered around the basement looking at the used stuff, and later at the back of the upstairs section.
  9. S

Vintage Audio News

I t TAS has recently started a 1 page column in the last few issues highlighting classic equipment, and Art Dudley seems to write about restoring something old in pretty much every column.
  10. S

They are just moving to a smaller space elsewhere in the area. They are still in business. No need to be alarmed.
Back
Top Bottom