Recent content by sonci

1. sonci

Used CD Players: Need Help Narrowing Search

Whats the point of getting a TDA1541 dac cd player and then using an outboard dac? If you need a transport just get cheap dvd player or blu ray, those who seem to fart when loading a cd. Some say digital out is all the same, I'm not sure though. If you want another analog sounding cd player try...
  2. sonci

Regressing from streaming to burning DVD-As / CDs

I'm not used to buy defective, you cannot be sure it will work. If it was an easy fix the seller could have fix it by itself.
  3. sonci

Wiim Pro: Playing Amazon Music From Wiim App Vs. Casting From Android Device

Has anyone got the plus version? Curious if there is any difference in sound quality with the pro version.
  4. sonci

Regressing from streaming to burning DVD-As / CDs

Beautiful machine, but sounding better than a Topping dac is not saying much, a modded dac so probably worse than the original. But really where do you buy this players at 100-200, a quick search and there is one 350$ defective..
  5. sonci

Switches, switches

Also I dont see any problem around the headphone socket, maybe I should replace it, there are no numbers, except a logo printed on it. Are these standard?
  6. sonci

Switches, switches

I had some problems with the headphone socket on my Jvc amplifier, only one channel working, so I decided to open up, and once there I also used some contact cleaner on the switches. The tape monitor switch once in a while have some cracking, so I decided to open it, to clean better. Well bad...
  7. sonci

Technics SU-V85A

Did you get this Technics? Was it worth, comparing to the JVC and Kenwood.
  8. sonci

WiimPro Arrived Today-- The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!

Is it Roon ready?
  9. sonci

Sony belt replacement?

There is a video on you tube that explain the location of the switch, but your model may be different.
  10. sonci

CD Players That Are Easy to Find In the Wild?

I have a Sony c745, 5 disc changer. It is reliable, 5 dsp filters to customize the sound, a dedicated headphone out with motorized volume control. If you see one of these, have a try..
  11. sonci

CD Players That Are Easy to Find In the Wild?

Sharp cd players, late '80s. They look cheap, nobody wants them, but really the sound quality is as good as any Sony or Marantz.
  12. sonci

Sony belt replacement?

If you are going to just replace the belts, you shouldn't have any problems. As for the belts, usually I buy those from chinese sellers, different sizes, 30-50 pieces, not originals but they do the job. I recently serviced my Sony C745 carousel player. It was randomly opening and closing cd...
  13. sonci

Rotel RCD-855 mods: how / where / who?

I agree, the Rotel is better:D. If by better you mean, louder, more analitical maybe you right, but I hardly believe that dac is more punchy, dynamic than the cd player. Try again after some time..
  14. sonci

Blu ray player with multichannel analog out.

Yamaha BD-S1067, which probably is the same as the BD 1010.
  15. sonci

Blu ray player with multichannel analog out.

I got this Yamaha blu ray player with quite good sound quality, playing sacd and dvd audio. It has a stereo analog out, labeled mixed stereo, and a multichannel analog out which also has a front output. I wonder do these players have 2 dacs, or just the front output is connected to the same dac...
Back
Top Bottom