Recent content by SoNic67

1. SoNic67

What's a deep groove LP?

It would be, that's why it makes no sense. The needle would just stay at the bottom of a wider trench, not touching the higher sides, there is no need for that.
  2. SoNic67

Anyone done the Denafrips firmware update?

Maybe they reused the code that was aligning the phase by adding a small delay on one channel, without removing that added delay? DSP programming is like any other programming. Done by different people, some better than others, some comment their code for others to understand, some don't (job...
  3. SoNic67

BT AptX at 24/96 - pretty nice!

Short of having a Chromecast Audio (I have two) streaming into a dedicated DAC... there is no easy/cheap WiFi solution.
  4. SoNic67

Any Android device since version 8.0 will support LDAC. The way of enabling it is a bit confusing in the latest versions of Android, or particular interpretations (Samsung in my case).
  5. SoNic67

Because most (all?) of people cannot discern the differences between lossless and AptXHD or LDAC. And it's convenient.
  6. SoNic67

Received new Hifiman headphones...after 1 hour listening...some questions

I also believe that the brain compensates for the response curve somehow, to match whatever it feels "good". Sure, there are high end and low end limitations, but generally it does applies an EQ. Especially in the voice range that we are used to hear daily. People think that their equipment...
  7. SoNic67

Show your headphone amplifier

Thank you. The only improvement that I can see on your system is something else than that CD player. Personally, I am into the "R2R sounds better" gang. Or at least into TI/BB sounds better... than the simple delta-sigma in Sony and others. But again, that's just me. My bedroom players. The...
  8. SoNic67

Closed back cans, > $300 w/ good bass

It would be impossible to feel the headphones in your chest. As for the speakers, you really need a subwoofer to have that feeling. And I know exactly what you mean... My wife hates that bass though... I am partial to this front-firing ported sub, because I love the sound of my Klipsch bookshelf...
  9. SoNic67

Closed back cans, > $300 w/ good bass

I got an used pair of Sony WH-1000XM4, from eBay at $170 (plus $10 tax), and replaced the pads. I don't prefer them for music listening because of strong bass, but maybe that's up your alley. They are great while traveling with airplanes. I am more of a open back headphones guy. Sony WH-1000XM4...
  10. SoNic67

Sundaras need amp? What about preamp output?

Sundara impedance of 37 ohm is not difficult to drive. Although the headphone stage in Apt Holman is adequate... it can be much better. The opmap RC4558 is entry level.
  11. SoNic67

Show your headphone amplifier

That is indeed a hidden gem, that not many know about. That's because one of the V2 cathodes is close to ground level and the other close to 110V. Both will try to "break" to the heater insulation, but 55V is not that big.
  12. SoNic67

Ground loop issues

Amazon.com: PAC SNI-1 Noise Isolator, 1 Count : Electronics I installed this and, at MAX volume, I can't hear any hum/noise. Great. Music sounds great too.
  13. SoNic67

Ground loop issues

Maybe is a combined effect. I killed one source, there is another one left. I am curious what the audio isolation transformer will achieve. Unfortunately, shipping is slow (not shipped yet) and I am going to travel before it arrives. I might cancel it and order another one...
  14. SoNic67

Ground loop issues

Update. I have purchased a double shielded cable and the hum levels dropped significantly. The volume button position, for where I can hear hum, is now much higher, where I never keep my amp at. However it still bugs me that is there. Waiting for the isolator transformer to be delivered. Today...
  15. SoNic67

Headphone amp?

Sorry that I bothered you. Won't happen again.
Back
Top Bottom