1. Rest in Peace Paul (Kegger) If you would like to help the family in this time of great sorrow and need, you may donate on their GoFundme page: https://www.gofundme.com/mckechnie-medical-and-funeral-fund?
    Dismiss Notice
soundmotor
High Tech Grenade Catcher

Share This Page

1. thedelihaus
      thedelihaus
      Herman Survivors, Oakley jackets & sunglasses, and 501 button-flys...
      1. View previous comments...
      2. thedelihaus
        thedelihaus
        They're pretty wonderful. Michael moved shop a few years back, then semi-retired, closing that shop, and repairing/selling at lower volume from his home.

I had some of those Sony SS-M7s here for a while- wonderful, coherent speaker, but didn't do well in my room. There were some Thiel CS-2 (late model) here that held the king's seat for a long stretch, too.
        Nov 9, 2015
      3. thedelihaus
        thedelihaus
        But the transmission line tower Renaissance Audio Preludes came via a friend who had passed- his wife passed them along to me. Useful bass output down to the low 30s from a two way with a 6.5" woofer, and a very clear midrange and open top end. The only quibble is, if being played loud and the music gets extremely complicated, they can get a tiny bit thick.
        Nov 9, 2015
      4. thedelihaus
        thedelihaus
        I also have the monitor version, the Renaissance Audio Duet, and some of Bobby Palcovich's Merlin monitors. Have you ever heard Merlins? They are every bit as good as the hifi rags claim, and likely better.

Younger always welcome to stop by for a listen.
        Nov 9, 2015
  • About

High Tech Grenade Catcher

Signature

Channel your inner hillbilly

si vis pacem, para bellum