Recent content by soundnerd

1. soundnerd

Funniest thing you heard about your music rig.

The funnyest thing is what I tell (lie) to my wife as to what iI spent! :-)
  2. soundnerd

made alot of changes!

Replaced parasound hca1200 with a krell kav250a Replaced the Dared sl2000a pre with a Perreaux SA33 Added a marantz 6100 TT with a new shure m97xE cart. Fully modded the polks with Clarity ESA caps/ mills resistors new wire,terminators, binding posts.ect. All I can say is WOW!!!!
  3. soundnerd

Received a couple tables - Marantz + Philips

I use the same marantz with a shure m97 xE and am quite pleased with it.
  4. soundnerd

point me in the righr direction please

Need some suguestions. Considering trying a class A preamp ( solid state) want a very clear linier, sound with fast attact to the instrements and good imageing. Will be using a parasound HCA 1200 heavely modded a adcom gda700 DAC also modded and a pair of polk audio RTA12c's. Any ideas, oh yea...
  5. soundnerd

Help ID these Polk Monitor Speakers...

Stands should be at least 7" tall . Makes a huge diff in the bass, plus it gets the tweets to the correct leval as well. Also consider dynamating the drivers to tighten up the bass.
  6. soundnerd

I finally get to post one of these threads!!

Hope the guy you bought it from dosent read this thread! He'll be pissed!!!LOL good score
  7. soundnerd

I see by your sig. you are a marantz fan. Might be putting up a 2265b in the very near future.if...

I see by your sig. you are a marantz fan. Might be putting up a 2265b in the very near future.if you might be int feel free to let me know.thanks for the heads up on the tweeter.
  8. soundnerd

anyone own these? jse 2infinite slope speakers

Didnt notice thanks. "frankin-jse" lol
  9. soundnerd

anyone own these? jse 2infinite slope speakers

Good/bad crap or grab seller asking for 400.00???????
  10. soundnerd

Bloated bass in mass-market '70s receivers?

Basicly u need more budget.under a hundo in vintage wont get too much that dosent need a recap. U might get lucky but not often.cheep isnt often good and good isnt often cheep.if u want what u want u gotta pay what it takes.if u find an amp (vintage) that u like its worth it to restore it, than...
  11. soundnerd

Phase Linear Amp Troubles

Could be worse
  12. soundnerd

anyone own these? carver al iii

sleeper supra Though not benched at 2 ohms it should be putting out around 500+ watts and aprox 70/80ampers peak power.benched at 400+@4ohms. Also plan to biamp woofs with about 500.w so dont think power is an issue at all from what i read. Main ? Is what kind of sonics i can expect from the...
  13. soundnerd

The parasound can handle 2 ohms easily. Roon size may be small 12/15. But i listen at low volumes, mostly acoustic jazz.
  14. soundnerd

The surrounds have already been done and no rattling or noise comming from the ribons as far as i can tell. Just wondering how good a sound i can expect with the correct power given to them.might do the woofs and caps though.
  15. soundnerd

Looking at a pair. Will be driven by my sys. In my sig. The amp is heavily moded to 400w@4ohms.plenty of currant.figured a 2nd amp the drive the woofs and biamp them. If u gots em input please.
Back
Top Bottom