Speakerbox
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• it was mentioned in a music forum about 10 years ago..and i forgot to add it to my wish list, when i'm record shopping again..
    That "Jimmy McGriff..Soul Sugar" is one swinging Lp.
    The cover is retro classic. It was recorded well,
    sounds nice and rich.
    Man I dont know all I know is the Marantz is still in the shop.
    And considering the Marantz retails for 2500.00 there is no excuse for such shoddy quality my Pioneer elite was still going strong after 10 years of use.
    the only thing that kept me from going with another Elite was they do not offer a pre pro unit. After the theft I wanted to start fresh this time with all separates.
    Although I had the Elite set up as a pre amp it still had built in amplifiers
    I did not want the new setup to have any amplifiers built in.
    Onkyo can do NO wrong. None.
    I'm stunned the Marantz is bad. But can it be a such thing as getting a BAD high end unit?
    Got the Onkyo all hooked up last Friday man o man what a nice unit.
    Now I am just waiting for the Marantz to get out of the shop so I can sell it.
    OH and the Onkyo is made in Malaysia not Japan oh well I still think its a better unit.
    click pic for full size and then agian for supper size

Just an FYI the Marantz AV8003 it total junk
    The first unit lasted all of 3 days Marantz replaced since it failed within 30 days the replacement one lasted 2 months so I had to send it in on my dime shipping got it back the center channel went out within two hours had to send it in again on my dime and its been the shop now for 2 weeks.
    So I ordered an Onkyo PR-SC5507 it will be here Friday and when I get the Marantz back from the shop this time selling it on Ebay as a buy it now for 1200.00 free shipping lower 48 states and throw in a transferable 5 year extended warranty that aught to get it sold.
    Shame really I was hoping the Marantz reputation and quality was what it once was.
    But it was made in China even their top of the line equipment
    while the Onkyo top flight stuff is still made in Japan.
    Yeah early model is for the older cars Late model is for new cars
    here is the break down of the winners..they called me Brando lol

http://www.ddrockinrods.com/newsletter.html

BEST OF SHOW CAR was MR. JIMMY JOHNSON in a red & white 1957 Chevrolet Bel-Air; BEST OF SHOW TRUCK a 1972 blue/white Chevy owned by JOHN DAVID RODRIGUEZ; BEST LATE MODEL going to BRANDO HOWARD in a 2010 victory red Chevy Camaro S.S.; MANAGERS CHOICE was KEN READ in a 1969 red/black Chevy Camero. Congratulations to all our winners & all our lookers.
    Went to the Rockin Rods show today in Fort Worth and I won a trophy best late model.
    Well tomorrows meet is not looking too good.
    If it rains then I wont be going.
    But there is another meet by a group called Rocking rods it will be at Grandys in Fort Worth if our group does not reschedule then I will go to that one if the weather is good.
    http://www.ddrockinrods.com/newsletter.html
    MARCH 27TH (Saturday) ~ GRANDY’S, 7201 Camp Bowie West in Ft. Worth 76116 – from 1 to 4pm. 817-244-5568 Come kick off our season with good food, good friends and hot rods! We are excited to be back at this location. We want you to wash and shine your hot rod and come join us. 40+ AWARDS
    Highly recommended
    Just received mine today whoa he is great
    http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/64738/Marquise_Knox-Marquise_Knox_Direct-To-Disc-D2D_Vinyl_LP

next car meet date

When- Saturday March, 20th 2010
    from 12pm-4pm

Where- Fuddruckers 1612 Airport FWY Bedford, Tx
    WOW.....we use to do the very same thing when our 1994 - 1996 impalas was new...The very same thing.
    ok please do..I honestly forgot. I did the gym..clenaed my fishtank and it was already past 4pm by then..please keep me posted tho..thanks i'm a car nut.
    I looked for you today guess you could not make to Bedford.
    It was great, well over 30 Camaros showed up.
    Maybe the next one I will let you know when and where.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom