Recent content by Spectreman

1. S

Tascam 42

Hi all. I recently acquired a Tascam 42 deck, very big & heavy ! Spent some time cleaning, adjusting, lubricating etc, it sounds wonderful ! My first true studio quality deck. Anyone else own one of these machines and still use it ? Cheers, Chris.
  2. S

Reel Tape Mystery along with some SSS Questions

I have a 7" reel of that same SLH tape, and it is very good, recorded fine, no SSS issues at all. I believe later SLH tapes have this problem.
  3. S

Reel to Reel - Any good sleepers out there?

The Pioneer RT-1050 two track deck is great, I got mine for a very good price. Well made & robust. But not as nice looking as a RT-707 or 909 deck, so the price is lower. But sounds awesome !
  4. S

How many different tape machines have you had/have now?

I just have the two reel to reel decks :- Pioneer RT-1050 two track Sanyo MR-939 four track I spent a bit of time restoring the Sanyo, but did not spend much money on it at all, is a lower grade deck. I plan to offload the Sanyo & get myself a better 4 track deck. Three (or four) motor, and...
  5. S

Help getting started on R2R

Hi. Quite often the very last part of the tape, packed the most tightly on the reel hub, becomes bad over time, especially if the tape has not been used for years. I have found this on several older tapes I have. Is usually not a good idea to record anything on this part of the tape. However, if...
  6. S

Help getting started on R2R

I have an older Sony SLH tape, SLH-7-550-BL, that is fine, has recorded very well. I think the newer SLH tapes, in the silver boxes, are the no good ones. Mine is in a white plastic box.
  7. S

Reel to reel sound quality vs. vinyl..What do they mean?

I am very happy with my Pioneer RT-1050 two track deck, it sounds fantastic !
  8. S

Pioneer RT -909 In the stable !

I bought a new Pyral LPR-35 pancake recently & put it in a spare reel. It sounds fantastic! Definitely worth it, & not too expensive. But I need to find more empty 10 inch reels now. Used with my Pioneer RT-1050 two track deck, which does not look as nice as a RT-909, but it sure does sound...
Back
Top Bottom