Share This Page

spkrdtr

spkrfixer, from CT

Subscriber
spkrdtr was last seen:
Oct 17, 2017
    1. amante
      amante
      Hey Carl, not too long ago you recapped some AR90 speakers and had pictures. Would you be able to send me those pics? I'm going to be recapping my pair fairly soon and always like to know what I'm getting into first. Thanks! -Joseph Amante (RI) amante@ccri.edu
    2. boza
      boza
      Thank you i will
    3. boza
      boza
      Thanks for your advice on removeing my caps i melted the glue with soldering iron thanks again
    4. Somenut1
      Somenut1
      Where is your shop? I have two projects down at U CONN. I would like to see and learn what you do. In Orlando, home Tuesday
    5. 87RangerXLT
      87RangerXLT
      I sent it to your email. I thank you alot.
    6. 87RangerXLT
      87RangerXLT
      I had no Idea people would do that, what is the normal cost for a woofer then? also I am very interested in the mids. aslong as there are in good working condition i will for sure buy them. I want to do this the correct way, the person who changed the speakers had no respect. and just did an all around shitty job. do you have any idea where I can get the material to make the covers or where to get reproductions?
    7. 87RangerXLT
      87RangerXLT
      I believe this is the PM place. not so sure, but here I go. you said to PM you about the mids, and woofers about AR-3s. any info would be great!
    8. Zilch
      Zilch
      It's foaming yer askin' about, not clothing.
    9. Zilch
      Zilch
      Hi, Carl. I have never had any of the fabric-grille variants. On the foam ones, we use window screen cloth as scrim, then velcro or 3-M adhesive in strategic "patches" per the originals....
    10. isalex
      isalex
      Hello,

I have a pair of JSE Infinite Slope Model 1 speakers, which I have proudly owned for the past 10 years.

However, just recently the tweeter on the left speaker has gone completely silent. I don't know what the problem might be, but saw that you repaired some of these speakers recently. I'd like to repair mine if possible; it would seem like such a waste to get rid of them, with their beautiful black lacquer cabinets and hitherto great sound.

I can be reached at johnkyle@neosoft.com. Many Thanks.

- John
  • About

Home Page:
    http://www.classicspeakerservices.com
    Business owner
    Retired with home based speaker repair/upgrade business

Audio

Signature

It's all about the music

Carl