Recent content by sprio

1. S

Anyone doing a family tree?

With regard to Ancestry: try working through your local library. They often provide free access to cardholders; often providing you access from home through the library's web site. I use RootsMagic to maintain my tree - it's maintained on my laptop, and not online.
  2. S

BA-5000, CA-2000 service tech recommendation?

Unfortunately, Terry's web site indicates that he is now accepting only McIntosh and vintage tube.
  3. S

Yes, I am. I have family in Houston, so I've started looking in that area, as well, thinking I could lug it along on our next trip in that direction.
  4. S

Agreed. I meant in no way to disparage Terry or his abilities - in fact, he's a great guy, and a wonderful person to talk with. My goal is to find a person as familiar with the BA/CA series as Terry is with McIntosh.
  5. S

Thanks, Pete - Terry looked at it when I first purchased it several years ago; noticed the problem when he checked through it, but as it was only occasional, he did not seek the cause and repair. IMO, his skill lies with McIntosh, and was not fully vested in the Sansui. Appreciate your input.
  6. S

Been having some difficulty with my setup - right channel periodically drops out, with no sound at all. No movement on meter. I'd like to get them to a good tech. Have been to Nashville; problem returned within a year. I am currently in Chattanooga, TN, and will be in the Houston area early...
  7. S

Where (Or who) to have service/mod Sansui 9090db. Nashville TN

Try Hi Tech Service on Nolensville Rd - they took good care of my BA-5000.
  8. S

Seeking opinions and advice

I'll snap some shots this weekend and try to get them posted. As recommendations seem overwhelmingly in support of keeping both, one set is destined for a Sansui BA-5000/CA-2000 combo; the other to my G-801.
  9. S

Appreciate all the advice. I guess I'll have to take a deep breath and dig in. I know there are a lot of threads out there on restoring these (especially the AR's) - it's just a matter of taking the plunge. I suspect it will be a long haul, as this is one of several hobbies that share my...
  10. S

Both sets have at least one tweeter that is not producing any sound; I don't know if it is the tweeter itself, or if the dial on the back (potentiometer?) is at fault.
  11. S

I have two pair of speakers awaiting restoration - AR3's and KLH Model 5's, with little investment in either (AR's were free; KLH were a $9.99 Goodwill find). They've been hanging around for over a year, and my better half is prodding me to do something with them. My dilemma: I have very...
  12. S

Best speaker score under $100

AR 3's - free from dumpster KLH Model 5 - $9.00 from Goodwill
  13. S

Anyone using Ancestry.com?

I can confirm free library access to Ancestry; at least here in Chattanooga. I ended up buying a subscription to continue my work at home - have achieved my goal of documenting direct lineage from a Revolutionary War soldier in the 1st NH Regiment, and joined the Sons of the American...
  14. S

Which Speakers are You Using for Your Sansui Amps

Right now, my BA-5000 is pushing a pair of Infinity RS-A's, but the AR-3's awaiting restoration will replace them.
  15. S

Sansui tech close to Arkansas?

Terry's website indicates he's focused on McIntosh - no longer taking in Sansui.
Back
Top Bottom