Recent content by spudnut

1. S

Subwoofer surprise questions

The original Polk Audio System was an RM3000, and it came with a pair of RM2000 satellites and the RM1000W subwoofer. To see a description and specifications, you can google http://i.imgur.com/9BqJefB.png And to see a wiring diagram you can google http://i.imgur.com/t5b96LV.png As you...
  2. S

Sansui 5000A bulb replacement

Was there a "brightest bulb" in your observation? :rolleyes:
  3. S

Sad News

I just read about Jims passing yesterday from their website, and was sad news for me. Condolences to the family. I had talked to him on a couple of occasions, and was planning on having him restore a couple of Sansui receivers that I have. I live about 50 miles away, so it's just a short drive...
  4. S

TC Audio (springfield,oregon) Information???

Angusdog, I bought a pair of TC Audio speakers back around 1990 (give or take). They were purchased from the local stereo store in Corvallis Oregon, Model TC 35, and were considered the large 3 way bookshelf (or floor standing with the optional stands). I think I paid around $500 for them, as I...
  5. S

Integrated better than separates? I think so...

I looked at what I thought would be a comparable system with separates vs the Parasound integrated and my opinion is that I would have to spend more money ( 160 w amp, preamp, & a DAC unit ), and I am really having a hard time thinking that integrated amps have heat problems. Anyone have a new...
  6. S

Integrated better than separates? I think so...

I have been following this thread, and I think that in spite of the differences of opinion expressed, it has been pretty informative for me. So thanks ODS123 for bringing up the subject. I have quite a bit of nice vintage stuff taking up space, and have been thinking of buying some new gear...
  7. S

Opps, somehow from the start of this thread to my reply I went from NOS to LED. Probably because I have been looking at some LED's just before reading your thread and still had them on the brain. Nice pictures.
  8. S

Smokinone, nice thread. I have a 5000a that fortunately is all original and mint and has the f6013 boards, but I need to have it worked on as it pops rather loud when turned on and has a slight hum from the speakers with volume off and is just getting old. The tech I will be using will do...
  9. S

why a recap makes no difference

Mr Oldsansui441 Glad to be of service, thanks. I definitely do not think the Sansui's are further down the food chain than the Marantz, and have always been a big Sansui fan. They are equals in my opinion. I should have worded that a little different, as they are all my better pieces. I just...
  10. S

why a recap makes no difference

The OP, yotems, asks what parts the seasoned vets noticed to contribute to sound deterioration with age. As a seasoned vet, I am 69, US Army 1968-1972, I would like to make a few comments about this thread. For someone like me who is currently trying to make some decisions about all the vintage...
  11. S

Another Round of What are these?

They are Dynacos, the A-25XL is 11.5" wide and 3 position tweeter switch, the A-35 is 12.5"wide and 5 position tweeter switch, and the A-40XL is 13.5" wide with 3 position switch. All three of these have the removable grills. If I am allowed to steer you to a excellent Dynaco site, go to Greg's...
  12. S

Dynaco A25 Speakers - no serial number

I have a pair of A25 's (5-position switch) Denmark, purchased from original owner, no serial number, looks same as picture... jonm has red HV mark on his, well one of mine has a red VH (not HV) just below and to the right of the 8 ohm stamp and the other has a black U stamp just below and...
  13. S

Scott 299b 4ohm taps for 8ohm speakers?

I have two Scott 299b's, both all original, great shape, boxed up unused for the last 20 years. I want to get them both up and running. Just curious, did you replace all the capacitors in your Scott to make it run good. Also, this is my first post ever on this site, so is this question OK to...
  14. S

old vintage guy

old vintage guy
Back
Top Bottom