Recent content by Squealer

1. S

Got the stereo bug again after 30 yrs, need help with new stuff

Well folks, I have finally gotten to listen to my new RF7 ii's and the Denon AVR x4300H receiver...(only in stereo mode so far). It took me a little while to adjust some settings on the amp, but I am really happy overall with the sound. While this system may not be quite the system I had...
  2. S

Thank you guys for helping out with this. I tried to do some listening first, but it really was just not practical, so I said "screw it", and ordered the Klipsch RF7ii's in walnut finish. I bought what they refered to as an "open box" version for a lot less than the $3200 retail, but I am...
  3. S

Onkyo m-504, m-508, and m-509 repair/upgrade, conundrum/problem.

Not sure about removing the panels on the 509 ( i knew there was a 510, but didnt even know a 509 existed), but your comment sparked a memory. Years ago when i had the M508 and P308 and also an onkyo cd player (cant remember model, but it did not have the wood panels), i built and installed...
  4. S

Hmmm, thats not really me any more. While i as never content in my youth, i dont need the latest and greatest any more. Just looking for something pretty decent. If i bought new now, in a year i got the old stuff.
  5. S

I'm glad you waited a few days before mentioning this, I might have called off my search altogether. After some reading and exploring though, I believe that I can find something that will satisfy me, and amaze a lot of folks. While I am going to go with new equipment, your advice of estate...
  6. S

Ok, i know i am going round and round here.... i also know i should obviously listen first, and i said that although i liked my old Klipsch Belles and have referenced some of their newer speakers as examples here, i was not set on them. That said, i have found where i can get some RF-7ii's for...
  7. S

Thanks for the good advice. Yes, there have been a lot of suggestions and I have been confused a little, but it has all helped me do my research. We do have a BestBuy in Pcola, although I am not certain of the "Magnolia" dept. I have seen the term online, but wasn't really sure what it...
  8. S

Does anyone know of any shops in Pensacola FL or Mobile AL area?
  9. S

Update a Bose Lifestyle 12.....

No need for apologies, I totally understand and do not really disagree. Its just that I already have them and built some nice mounts, and that I dont hate them.... So, could I add a set of something like a MartinLogan motion 20, or equivalent and make this work? I think the Klipsch RP280 is...
  10. S

I figured that a new thread would make more sense for this particular question, as I thought it was pretty off target from my original post. You bring up a good point about the 901s and HT. I don't really understand HT theory at all, but am assuming there would be a timing delay with the...
  11. S

Hi all, I am in a pickle trying to decide what I want to do (see thread "Got the bug again after 30 yrs"), and this is one option that I am thinking about.... I think this has been discussed before here, but not really the same situation. I have a little Bose Lifestyle 12 that is old, but was...
  12. S

Here is where I am at right now.... I never really got one of the direct answers I was looking for (how will a new $3000 stereo actually sound as compared to my old one?), but it was pretty loaded. After reading replies and doing a little more research, it seems pretty obvious that a new...
  13. S

Great info all, thank you much. I think I am getting the picture, and I still have some research to do for sure. NAD was one of the amps I first noticed when browsing, as was the Marantz (I remember some really nice Marantz's back in the day for sure, and even had an old quadraphonic one for...
  14. S

Thanks for all the tips. I agree with tmtomh, in that $3000 is probably a weird number as far as a quality system goes. Looking around, I think I will be way over $3000 to get the sound that I had 25 years ago, even buying retro. I think if I ever really get hooked again and want to do...
  15. S

Hi all, I have recently gotten the stereo bug again after 30 years, and this is my 1st post here! I have been out of the loop for a long long time, but have recently taken up a love of good music (if you consider prog rock good music)... I have had lots of talks with my son about the good old...
Back
Top Bottom