Recent content by sredwine

1. S

HK Citation 11

Hey, sorry to open this old thread, but did you ever fix that Citation 11? I have one that often blows the .25A fuse. I've eliminated the main 1000uF/100V cap through substitution, all the other boards by removing them (plus the pilot lamp and .01uF across the transformer). it must be the power...
  2. S

KLH Model Fifty-Two Wrong Components-Right Board

Transistor Subs There's a good chance those transistors were substituted on the production line. The original numbers may have become hard to get or the newer numbers were improvements. You can check their specs against the originals. Open capacitors are most likely your problem with low gain...
  3. S

Realistic Lab 2100 repair

I've got one of these a friend gave me-anybody got a schematic/service manual? The main controller IC is getting hot, has the number MP2001 on it. Does anybody know if this IC is used (possibly under another number) anywhere else? Can't find any parts/datasheets under "MP2001". Thanks!
  4. S

Fixing Marantz 2215b short circuit?

Caution! I have to add-don't take the cover off without unplugging the unit from the wall! You could die. Also. this is a little late, but don't mess with speaker connections while an amp is playing-at least without turning off the speaker switch! Photos of the connections might help us. All it...
  5. S

Minimal audio coming out of the left speaker

Reverse the phono wires going into the receiver-if the problem switches speakers, it's your cartridge or wiring in your tone arm/head shell. That's likely considering what you already found-good troubleshooting technique there. If it's the cartridge area, try removing the small wires from the...
  6. S

Matching Transistors? Pioneer QA-800A

This amp has output capacitors-if you replaced them (and got the voltage and polarity right), I am at a total loss to explain a 3V DC offset! I'm talking about C13 and C14 (if I am reading that right), 2200uF 35V. Does the channel in question pass audio OK?
  7. S

NAD7175PE noises

I'm working on an NAD 71715PE for somebody. It has a very intermittent crackle in the right channel of the power amp-does it with pre-out/main in jumpers out. It only does it for a short time-each time I start to troubleshoot it goes away-I hate intermittents! I already replaced all the...
  8. S

Recap Technics SU-8088k Help Needed

Caps Are your filter caps really bad? Bulging plastic (if the top has a plastic cover) is not always a bad sign. If the metal of the capacitor is bulging-time to replace! 60 to 75 volt caps will work fine.
Back
Top Bottom