Recent content by srs735

1. srs735

Any guesses on my new (used) cart

Was that one of Lee Iacoca babies?
  2. srs735

And we have a winner!!!!! I had never seen a pic of an Osawa prior to seeing the listing. I haven't found much info about them yet. A post or 2 on another audio site is all I've seen
  3. srs735

That it does, but it isn't. Nice rectangular body made it easy to setup
  4. srs735

I'm pretty sure it has a Japanese pedigree I'll try to confirm what the body is made of whenever we get power back on. I had taken the pics last night and don't feel like touching the tt in the dark. Glad to know it's not genuine-imitation Naugahyde
  5. srs735

I can see some resemblance, but this motor wasn't a product of Detroit
  6. srs735

A new bundle of joy showed up at my door today. I need to do more research on its heritage. This has an aluminum cantilever, but one sibling had a boron and another one a ruby cantilever. After 1 album I'm feeling pretty optimistic. It seems to do everything well, and effortlessly.
  7. srs735

Temp tt setback

So far so good. I'm hoping Hurricane Idalia weakens before it gets to us. Prayers for everyone in it's path I hope things are treating you well in the PNW
  8. srs735

Got me a new turntable today

If it sounds half as good as it looks, it's a keeper
  9. srs735

Stanton 600EE output level

Vinyl engine lists it at 5mv which sounds right according to @lini if you multiply 1×5
  10. srs735

Name that tonearm?!

Best of luck going forward! I can't speak for everyone here, but for a lot of us it's as much a journey as it is a destination Enjoy
  11. srs735

Name that tonearm?!

The MA-505 is a very nice arm, and comes in various versions including a MA-505LX which is longer. The VTA on the fly is great, just be careful doing using it. Vinylengine.com has all the info you need. Not knowing what Ortofon cart you're using I can't advise you on that. I am running a SAE...
  12. srs735

Name that tonearm?!

I'm guessing a Micro Seiki 505
  13. srs735

Temp tt setback

For the past couple of years my main tt had been a Victor TT-81 with 2 tonearms. It has devoped speed issues. I don’t mind hearing Alvin and the Chipmunks around Christmas, but when halfway through a song every lp sounds like the Chipmunks, it's time for a visit to my local tech. About a year...
  14. srs735

A road rarely traveled....Sumiko P-76 review

I realize that this is an old thread, but WOW! I purchased one of these a NOS a few months ago and finally gave it the playing time it deserved. Is it better than my Technics 310MC, Ortofon MCP 100. Adcom HP Eii, or Dynavector DV-10P, not sure. But I'm in no rush to take it off my Technics...
  15. srs735

Japanese writing on Grace G-707

Thanks for the warning. I have one I was planning to mount in the near future
Back
Top Bottom