Recent content by ssmith3046

1. ssmith3046

Schiit Modi 2vs 3 vs MB

One big difference is the price though between the newest BF2 and MM2. :)
  2. ssmith3046

Schiit Modi 2vs 3 vs MB

The newer Modi Multibit 2 is the new king of budget DACs for me now.
  3. ssmith3046

Tulsa King

I liked it.
  4. ssmith3046

WW2 Tales, Diary of A German POW, an extraordinary YouTube Channel

I'll check this out. I live south Scottsdale and close by is Papago Park. Near there during WWII was German POW camp that actually had an escape using a tunnel. It's a fascinating story and if you're interested in this type of history I recommend you look it up.
  5. ssmith3046

Legato Link vs Schiit Modi

The 3E was the only Schiit budget DAC that I didn't like that I've owned. I think it might have been rushed, just speculation. It was their first DAC using the ES9018 after their AKM supply dried out. It sounds Mike Moffat and his crew improved the latest Modi+. I have a friend in Chicago...
  6. ssmith3046

Dual 1228 or 1019?

I can't believe it's been 10 years since I posted on this thread. All three Bill Neumann Duals still working great.
  7. ssmith3046

One vote definitively against the Schiit Modi 3+

I own and have owned quite a few Schiit DACs. I still own and use the Modi Multibit 2 and Modi Multibit 1. I had a Modi 3E that used the ES9018 and didn't care for it. I've owned their Modi 3 and Modius when they used the AK4490 and AK4493 and thought that were good delta sigma DACs. The AKM...
  8. ssmith3046

Looking for a quality DAC with fixed volume and a small footprint

Schiit Modi Multibit 2.
  9. ssmith3046

First headphone amp. How about an Asgard 3?

It's a great amp. I sold mine after I bought a Vahalla 2 but I used it for several years. You can put taller feet on it and it'll run a little cooler. The Asgard 2 was a regular hot plate because it was a 100% Class-A. You can't go wrong with the Asgard 3. I used mine with a Modi multibit 1...
  10. ssmith3046

First headphone amp. How about an Asgard 3?

A really great amp. Warm, rich, full sound. A steal for $250. I sold mine after a bought a Vahalla 2 but loved it when i used it. If you don't need balanced it's the way to go.
  11. ssmith3046

Sennheiser HD600, 650, 660S …What’s best?

I love my HD600's paired with my Schiit Vahalla 2 OTL tube amp. Just put in a pair of Amperex orange globes. The JJ 6922's are a great new production tube.
  12. ssmith3046

Maverick D1 vs Modi 3

I agree, the Modi Multibit 2 is more resolving than the Modi Multibit 1, version 2 with the firmware update. I had a Bifrost multibit and I really couldn't discern much difference between it and the MM1. I didn't care for the first Modi with the ES9018 in it. I know they now have the Modi+...
  13. ssmith3046

What headphone amp are you using currently?

Just bought a Schiit Vahalla 2. It's a OTL tube amp and it makes my 300 and 600 ohm headphones sing. I sold my Schiit Asgard 3 the next day.
  14. ssmith3046

Maverick D1 vs Modi 3

I've always been curious about the Maverick. I had the Modi 3 and found that I liked the Modi Multibit much better. Now I'm a fan of the newest Modi Multibit 2. Amazing little DAC for $300.
  15. ssmith3046

Any Interest in the upcoming Sennheiser 660 S 2?

My HD600's still do it for me.
Back
Top Bottom