Recent content by sssboa

1. sssboa

Akai GX-6 cassette deck making noises

HI I have Akai GX-6 tape deck. It had the rubber belt replaced. I have a probem, maybe someone will know the reason. Sometimes when I press play (like 30% of the time) the tape starts rolling but no sound from speakers/headphones and zero reading on the peak recording level meters. Instead...
  2. sssboa

CA-1000 II Rebuild

First, did you buy this amp on ebay from a guy in London? :) If so, you have my amp :) I sold it to a guy in Germany :) But more realistically I bet it's a coincidence :) So you have to be careful to connect all parts together before power-up. All the ribbons between preamps and amp. Otherwise...
  3. sssboa

Lens repair - Nikon

Hi, I have some 1990's lenses that require repair or cleaning inside of fungus. It's Nikkor 28-85mm f/3.5-4.5 AF and Nikkor 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 AF-D. What is the best forum to ask questions about disassembly, cleaning, minor repairs? Thanks
  4. sssboa

Isophon KK8 - Help with German translation

Danke Schon!
  5. sssboa

Isophon KK8 - Help with German translation

I cannot find any specs for Isophon KK8. Only about KK10 which are bigger and heavier tweeters. There is a mention of KK8 and KK7 here in this info about KK10. Could someone decipher what they say about KK8/KK7? I bet it's nothing technical, some sale offer rather.
  6. sssboa

Large British speakers from the 1970's /1980's

I really like the MA4. So much I got myself a second pair for experimenting. FYO
  7. sssboa

Polarized capacitor between woofer and tweeter

The caps at tweeters in the Hitachi boomboxes were the same polarized caps of the same type and the same producer as those on board with a stripe and minus sign on one side, 4.7uf 50V, there were like 20 of them on boards, same caps. I will still double check it though.
  8. sssboa

Well, the original caps have been removed long time. But the guy in the youtube video above clearly uses a polarized cap!
  9. sssboa

I don't think so, same cap as those on board.
  10. sssboa

Certainly on the wire there was 1 capacitor. Unless they connected them through the board and the other capacitor was on the pcb. I must check it, but I doubt it. It was like that in 2 Hitachi boomboxes, one real classic from the late 1970's, well regarded and not cheap when new. Here a guy is...
  11. sssboa

Checking polarity of a tweeter

Has there been any unchanging standard of marking polarization with a red dot/sign? Would it indicate "+" or "-"? My Isophon KK8 is from the late 1970's and this particular Vifa D19 is 2010's.
  12. sssboa

Isophon KK8/8 replacement for Monitor Audio MA4

So I installed Vifa D19TD 05 08 for some tests. Both speakers sound the same so far to my ears. They look bad but I use the front covers anyway.
  13. sssboa

OK. I notices a red dot next to the tab on the left when you look from behind on the new tweeter Vifa D19TD 05 08. The old one Isophon KK8 had a red triangle stamped on the same side of the tweeter so I took it as a clue and connected red dot where the red triangle was. Sounds good.
  14. sssboa

Hi, I have a contraption for checking polarity of a speaker. It applies 9VDC from its battery. Isn't it too much for a tweeter to be safe? Also will I see a movement of the diaphragm or will it be too subtle? Thanks, Andy
  15. sssboa

Hi guys, So some time ago I was restoring a Hitachi boombox from 1978. There was one polarized electrolytic capacitor of 4.7uF/50V between each woofer and tweeter. They were original parts of course. Shouldn't these caps be bi-polar? I replaced one with polar and one with bipolar and didn't...
Back
Top Bottom